Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 06:33 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Very juvenile.

When do you finish high school?
^^^^ Proof that public school education is useless.
Denying that your heroes are criminals who are guilty of the things leftists accuse the right of is juvenile. Grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 07:44 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times
I hate to break it to the precious snowflakes out there BUT President Trump CANNOT be held liable under criminal or civil litigation in a State action against him UNLESS he has been impeached. He, just like the Governor of a State is on duty 24/7 and as such, has more leeway than Senators and Representatives in that they cannot be charged on their way to, during or on their way home from a congressional meeting or other official capacity.

The problem with the State of New York, or any other State for that matter is, their State Congress does NOT have the authority to impeach ANY federal legislator nor the President or Vice President, and unless that federally elected official is impeached, they have zero authority to act. Now a sitting US Senator or US Representative COULD be charged in a State IF they were just sitting around at home, going to the store, etc., not traveling to and from an official congressional meeting or event... But NOT the President, just like they can't simply charge their Governor because, unlike the Congress, they are always on duty. Everywhere the President goes, so goes the "football"... because he is ALWAYS the President of the United States, where ever he is.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 03-15-2019 at 08:06 AM..

Old 03-15-2019, 07:49 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I hate to break it to the precious snowflakes out there BUT President Trump CANNOT be held liable under criminal or civil litigation UNLESS he has been impeached. He, just like the Governor of a State is on duty 24/7 and as such, has more leeway than Senators and Representatives in that they cannot be charged on their way to, during or on their way home from a congressional meeting or other official capacity.

The problem with the State of New York, or any other State for that matter is, their State Congress does NOT have the authority to impeach ANY federal legislator nor the President or Vice President, and unless that federally elected official is impeached, they have zero authority to act. Now a sitting US Senator or US Representative COULD be charged in a State IF they were just sitting around at home, going to the store, etc., not traveling to and from an official congressional meeting or event... But NOT the President, just like they can't simply charge their Governor because, unlike the Congress, they are always on duty. Everywhere the President goes, so goes the "football"... because he is ALWAYS the President of the United States, where ever he is.

Are you an attorney? Your opinion would carry a lot more weight if you are.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
And Bill Clinton was nailed (pun intended) because of a law that he himself had signed into law, known as the "Molinari Amendment." It allowed unrelated sex misconduct evidence to be brought into court in sexual harassment cases. That was how Starr dragged Monica into the Paula Jones case, got the blue dress, and the rest was history.

This is why I argue that it's dumb for either party to engage in "investigation nation." It always comes back to bite. And I fear it may actually help Trump get re-elected, as it did with Bill Clinton.

Still, the Ken Starr investigation was a federal investigation. It wasn't a State investigation AND it required impeachment BEFORE any action could be brought against President Clinton. This is going nowhere.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Are you an attorney? Your opinion would carry a lot more weight if you are.

I don't need to be an attorney to know how the law works. No State has EVER indicted a sitting President or a sitting Vice President. The political witch hunt attempts by the left, based upon their hatred for all things Trump and their TDS, WILL be shot down by SCOTUS so fast, it won't be funny. It doesn't take an attorney to recognize the facts for what they are.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I don't need to be an attorney to know how the law works. No State has EVER indicted a sitting President or a sitting Vice President. The political witch hunt attempts by the left, based upon their hatred for all things Trump and their TDS, WILL be shot down by SCOTUS so fast, it won't be funny. It doesn't take an attorney to recognize the facts for what they are.

Yet. That is subject to change at any minute.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBratty View Post
Fake news. 2 years of Mueller!!! Nothing Burger. TDS at its finest here folks! And the #1 oldie but goodie that will be their last dying breath "but Hilary!!!!!!!!!"

Just thought I'd chime in before his defenders whip out the old standbys.

Sorry, you only get a D+, you forgot the YUGE standby: NO COLLUSION!

To which I would add: but plenty of delusion!

Old 03-15-2019, 09:01 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Whats funny is that this issue exists for him because they wanted to go after Bill Clinton
Exactly!

Notice how peculiar it is that so many Republicans in Congress and Trump supporters on City-Data are so quick to argue about Trump having immunity? If Trump is innocent of any wrongdoing, why would Trump supporters care so much?

Could it be that, behind closed doors, GOP politicians and City-Data Trump supporters are scared of what's to come from Mueller, SDNY, New York State, DOJ, FBI?!

Old 03-15-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Exactly!

Notice how peculiar it is that so many Republicans in Congress and Trump supporters on City-Data are so quick to argue about Trump having immunity? If Trump is innocent of any wrongdoing, why would Trump supporters care so much?

Could it be that, behind closed doors, GOP politicians and City-Data Trump supporters are scared of what's to come from Mueller, SDNY, New York State, DOJ, FBI?!
Certainly they are. They know, as does every poster on this board and everyone in the world who is paying attention. Bob Mueller's final report is not only not going to clear Trump and his circle, there will in all probability be indictments dropping at the same time. Mueller is a detail man and a perfectionist. He will not file a report until every scrap of evidence he has been able to uncover has a home in it somewhere. That is evident in the 800+ pages of the Sentencing Memorandum for Manafort. And the Mueller Report is just one of a couple of dozen that re coming.

It would not be surprising if Mueller's report extends to discoveries on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue. That may be why Miss Lindsey is dancing all over the place and clutching his pearls and tryinf to deflect to Hillary. He's in for $800K of Russian money that he may have to explain.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:50 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:

There is more than one way to skin a crooked cat. Trump org. and it's executives can be indicted. The SDNY is looking into that potential criminal enterprise.

Yes you are right that no sitting president has ever been indicted, but no sitting president is above the law either. The Constitution does not say anything about indicting a sitting president and we all know that removal is a political process. However, the supreme court has set precedence with both Nixon and Clinton ruling that a sitting president is subject to the legal system and must comply with subpoenas issued. That includes unpardonable state subpoenas that may very well snare the Trump children. Could it spark a lets make a deal resignation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies