Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2019, 10:07 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

Think the gunman at anytime considered how many response attacks this might cause? Or how many young men might be radicalized when shown the video he live-streamed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Quote:
Native people always get wiped out for REAL yet why do white guys like this guy think they are under attack?
Had to bold this because it's spot on.
which native people ‘always’ get ‘wiped out for REAL’ these days?

i must’ve missed that.

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
New Zealand doesn't have particularly strict gun laws. Pretty much anyone over 16 who isn't a felon or mentally ill can purchase a gun, and although you do have to apply for a license, you don't need to register your guns and many types of guns are available for purchase. There are an estimated 1.5 million guns in the country, and only about 5 million people, which puts it in about the top 8% of all countries in the world for gun ownership.
Australia's gun laws are far stricter, which is probably a big reason the mosques in his home country were spared from this maniac. Not that I'm blaming NZ in any way (the blame falls solely on the shooter and his accomplices), they were just the unfortunate convenient recipients of this nutjob's harm.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The left will somehow blame Trump for this.
What a world we have here.
And....you weren't wrong.

The left are drunk on hysteria.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
This is probably our first mass shooter who is actually a troll. It fits in well with his age, profile and the current times. It also makes it somewhat surreal. That video looked like a simulation/game. It is difficult to see and process that really happened, right from the shooter's POV. It feels awful, like you are there with the killer and there's nothing you can do to stop him.
Yes, he's definitely one of those who put out memes and participated in trolling on the internet.

As for the video, I'm right there with you. The tweet that had the link last night, got a comment from someone asking if they were about to see killings because they didn't want to see that. Someone else commented that you could "hear" the shootings. So I went in thinking I was just going to hear it.

Nope.

I did watch the whole thing, regardless. I guess it's like you said, you don't even believe what you're seeing happen - just like it's a video game, exactly as you said.

But then it gets worse, and worse, and worse.

Honestly, last night I was yelling at my screen, "GD, stop it, you f-en ahole! WTH is wrong with you? JC, stop!"

As if that wasn't enough, at the end, when he was on his way back to his car to get in and drive off, and he mowed down that girl - and she's pleading "help me"....I wanted to reach in there and punch the hell out of him.

You're very right - you're there, and there's not a thing you can do. It makes you angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The shooter spouts off the same nonsense in his manifesto posters do on this forum on a daily basis, population replacement, calls immigrants invaders and rants about the decrease in the percentage of the "white" population.
Read it all the way to the end, because he also spouts off a whole lot of bs that I've seen come from the left - don't pick and choose what to point out to push your agenda. You need to be honest about everything that he said.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:14 AM

117 posts, read 142,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Think the gunman at anytime considered how many response attacks this might cause? Or how many young men might be radicalized when shown the video he live-streamed?
Haven´t you figured out that´s exactly what he wants?

Old 03-15-2019, 10:14 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Disgusting.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:18 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
I'm not going to watch the video.

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The shooter spouts off the same nonsense in his manifesto posters do on this forum on a daily basis, population replacement, calls immigrants invaders and rants about the decrease in the percentage of the "white" population.
Turns out encouraging white supremacists come with consequences. Who could have guessed.

And even when presented with hard evidence, people have the nerve to post mealy-mouthed trivialization attempts like "Nobody is really safe, anyway".

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
I am not surprised he likes Trump. I mean, a president who blocks entry to citizens from entire countries just because they are Muslim, is a perfect match for someone who hates Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies