Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2019, 07:17 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,232,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Sounds like you should be locked up then before you hurt someone, care to volunteer?
Can you do me like they did with the leprosy folks? Give me my own island in Hawaii?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 07:21 PM

14,856 posts, read 8,169,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Capitalism means making stuff for a profit although in the case of non-humans, that has no monetary implication.
You are defining capitalism as any activity which is "productive". So you are saying a bee that makes honey from pollen is being a "capitalist". Or any animal that stores food as fat to be consumed later, is a capitalist.

By that definition, communism is capitalism. Obviously that definition is retarded.

Capitalism has to do with "ownership of property"(IE land/resources). And it refers to capital, money, assets, etc.

Bees are not capitalists. Seriously man, are you trolling me or what?

Imagine a hunter-gatherer from 10,000 years ago, was he a capitalist? What did he own? His body fat? Rofl.

Land has always been owned communally until fairly recently. And production itself was shared in some sense communally until fairly recently. The Hunter-Gathering tribes were not capitalists.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:28 PM

24,399 posts, read 9,271,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You can’t scrub a video once it’s uploaded if you just look the video up on “non-traditional sites”, you can easily find it.
Yeah, I just checked and it's all over the internet via torrent. It's a sad video, I wouldn't recommend anyone watching it.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:39 PM

17,932 posts, read 27,351,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm curious as to what motivated this madmans Islamaphobia, a search of his social media sites will prove interesting.Was he influenced by American rightwing media? or does Australia have its own hate mongers.

No he wasn't actually.

You should read the mosque attacker's sick manifesto...

"Conservatism is corporatism in Disguise. I want no part of it... the nation with the closest political and social values to my own is the People's Republic of China."

" I chose firearms for the effect it would have on social discourse and to affect it could have on the politics of the United States with enough pressure the left wing within the United States will seek to abolish the Second Amendment and the right wing within the US will see this as an attack on their very freedom and liberty this will result in a dramatic polarization of the people of the United States and eventually a fracturing of the u.s. along cultural and racial lines."

Old 03-15-2019, 07:39 PM

6,452 posts, read 4,028,305 times
Obviously morbid curiosity gets the best of people but after the Cleveland shooter gunned down an old black man just walking down the street after saying some stupid joke I was basically traumatized through video. I then understood the power of video shot in the first person POV. It’s like your physically there as this is going down. I don’t want to exaggerate but it’s like your pulling the trigger (again exageration). After that video, I have never wanted to see another one of those videos ever again and I’m telling everyone who wants to fulfill their morbid curiosity to just play a bloody video game or watch a movie, as the video of that shooting made me nearly throw up and had me out of it for the next week in my real life. I know we like to attack each other here on CD but I would never wish it on my worst enemies to watch videos like that taken in the first person POV, were innocents are getting mowed down.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:53 PM

6,452 posts, read 4,028,305 times
I want to say something. While this is Islamophobia this isn’t Islamophobia. In his manifesto he clearly states he was going after all immigrants and just went after Muslims because the least people would complain. Like clockwork not only politicians but CDers are saying they weren’t Muslims they deserve it. Now I don’t know his views on Black Americans, Maori, Native Americans and other non-white non-immigrant views. But his words heavily imply if he couldn’t attack a mosque he would just go intuition the next likely target like African Migrants or Hispanics, but since their aren’t many in NZ this easily could have been an attack on Asians (largest minority in New Zealand) who while are not focused on in many white nationalist manifestos because of the view of them as a model minority still classify as an “invader” in his playbook.

This is not an attack on Muslims, as much as it is an attack on all non-whites, and those of you who are not Muslim shouldn’t be thinking, “I don’t see this as an issue I’m not Muslim”. Even if your white and from a country that he might deem non-European this is an attack against you. I’m fearmongering at this point here, but I just want to make sure you see that as much as this was fueled by Islamophobia it was fueled by anti-non European and whatever that means to the people who carry these attacks.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:57 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,170,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The only difference in some posters here and baby killers is..................nothing. There is your terrorist.
??? Nobody on here advocates killing babies.

[quote=Absolom;54689532]And the internet is full of "rhetoric" about whites and Christians. Oh snap, doncha hate when that happens?[/QUOTE

Interesting that neither of you refute my comment. The rhetoric that goes on in online communities like this one are dangerous. Personally, I think City Data should be held liable for sponsoring it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The real target isn't Trump. It's conservatives. The left wants to dehumanize conservatives and incite violence against them, to bully them into not voting.
So after one of your own kills 49 people and wounds countless others in the name of white supremacy, this is your response. Really. Shakin ma head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
In 2017, there were three instances of shootings of whites by black nationalists. I could probably pick out rhetoric from posters here who have espoused the "same rhetoric" as the shooters.
Ok then, I guess any racially motivated mass killing is justified in your world. Good luck with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Not an active member, so I don't get the newsletter anymore.
You don't get the newsletter anymore? That means you used to. Interesting...

Old 03-15-2019, 09:48 PM

17,932 posts, read 27,351,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Personally, I think City Data should be held liable for sponsoring it.
You will be missed..I assume. Maybe not.

Certainly not by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
So after one of your own kills 49 people... Really. Shakin ma head. :shocked
You are out of your gourd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Hard Right Wing terrorism seems to be replacing Muslim terrorism as a rising threat in the world. It's too bad that the President and his supporters are too spineless to see this and not take steps to stop this terrible movement.

At this rate there likely will be more and worse Right Nationalism terrorist attacks.
MSN and Bernie Sanders are responsible for the attempted murder of Congressman Scalise and other Republicans on the baseball field that day.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-15-2019 at 10:45 PM..

Old 03-15-2019, 10:40 PM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
not what he said, but nice effort on the Rocko School of Typewriter Repair crib notes
Except that he did:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-sides/537012/

Quote:
....“some very fine people,” while expressing sympathy for their demonstration against the removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee.

...“What about the alt-left that came charging at, as you say, at the alt-right?” Trump said. “Do they have any semblance of guilt?”

“I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me,” he said.

“You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists,” Trump said. “The press has treated them absolutely unfairly.”

“You also had some very fine people on both sides,” he said.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:01 PM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
How? The media scrubbed that video from the net almost as fast as it went up
Except they didn't. The link that I have is not one that the main media is aware of. Of course YouTube and DailyMotion will take it down, but there is another link out there, and it is still working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies