Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2019, 11:58 AM

2,486 posts, read 817,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Simple enough question to inquire as to the amount of interest in watching people get shot and if someone would admit to it.
Nope, I know enough to turn my stomach. Watching this demented video would hurt my soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
How times have changed, people condemning others for watching real life news stories, but don't have trouble watching Hollywood gore and video game gun battles,

There's a huge difference between watching something that is fiction and a real-time real-life massacre. You're conflating movies and games with real violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 11:59 AM

2,903 posts, read 1,964,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
I can't find it online, I probably won't be able to watch it all the way through though.
The day of the shooting people kept putting it online on Twitter and Facebook, it was taken down, and people kept putting it back up. I noticed it was on Twitter and the clip was a little more than one minute long, so not the whole incident. Watched it and couldn't help but think how cowardly it was for the guy to keep shooting unarmed people like ducks in a barrel. One of the men he initially shot was trying to crawl away and he was shot a couple more times. I don't think it registered with some of the others what was happening until bullets started flying their way, they were engrossed in what they were doing.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:00 PM

16,950 posts, read 12,503,876 times
ew
NO NO NO NO NO

Old 03-18-2019, 12:00 PM

25,408 posts, read 9,704,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
The fascists really come out of the woodwork when there's something they don't want people to see or know, don't they?
Why would anybody want to see a massacre of innocent people?

Old 03-18-2019, 12:01 PM

77,003 posts, read 47,342,336 times
Quote:
Have You Watched or Sought Out the Video of the Christchurch Mosques Shootings?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Never any interest in watching Muslim extremist beheading videos or throwing gays off of buildings or burning non Muslims in cages.
Me neither.

PS. Most of the people they killed / burned were muslims.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:04 PM

8,819 posts, read 4,472,908 times
I haven't and probably won't. But I do think it should be available for all to see.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:05 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,811,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

And again, I've already gone over this in another thread. Old Testament is not what Christians follow. It's there because it was the first will of God, but the New Testament is what Christianity follows, according to Christians. (I'm not a Christian but had to play one when I was a child and forced to go to church every Sunday.)
I am a Christian. The fact you are repeating bs does not remove the fact it is BS. Christianity has two testaments.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,940,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why would anybody want to see a massacre of innocent people?
Entire documentaries have been made on 9-11.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:11 PM

5,078 posts, read 2,008,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
How times have changed, people condemning others for watching real life news stories, but don't have trouble watching Hollywood gore and video game gun battles,

During the Vietnam war news stations showed American dead on the nightly news. In the '70s or early '80s an American (think he was American) reporter walked up to a checkpoint on a border with Nicaragua, one of the soldiers made him lay down face down and proceeded to shoot him in the back of the head. It aired on NBC Nightly News, I believe for two nights in a row. It was either repeated during the same evening newscast or shown two different nights. Imagine seeing that as a kid as I did while watching the 6:30 PM news.
Good points, I could also add to the list the shooting of journalist Alison Parker live by a former tv employee in 2015. There was a C-D thread about it. Alison Parker Formerly of WCTI12 Dies in Shooting

Or back in time, the beating of Reginald Denny during the LA riots of 1992.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:24 PM

6,277 posts, read 4,152,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, if I send a link of 911 to a buddy I'm now a muslim terrorist?
Don’t be so dramatic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies