Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2019, 07:39 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You do understand that breaking an EULA is not a criminal matter, surely?

But a copyright infringement, as you claimed, is.

Report it or gtfo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 07:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Oh my god, shut up already & quit hijacking the thread.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:40 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
Quote:
I don't think he needed to make a statement, because you're quite correct that was his intent, or he wouldn't have live streamed it in the first place. But when you create a social media account you agree to a contract between you and them, regardless of your intentions, and that's what I'm discussing.

So his intention was for the whole world to see it, but once it's uploaded to FB or whatever and that's the only copy, the general public isn't free to just download it and distribute it, so it's not just your free speech/ first amendment or whatever right to see it if it's been taken down by the host.

It doesn't really matter if I'm okay with it or not.
This is quite wrong. If I uploaded a video to Facebook or YouTube and say you can share, download it, etc. that means just that. The host sites have the right to take it down but it does not mean it cannot be shared, what a ridiculous argument.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:41 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh my god, shut up already & quit hijacking the thread.
Apologies, I'm done.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
This is quite wrong. If I uploaded a video to Facebook or YouTube and say you can share, download it, etc. that means just that. Thethe host sites have the right to take it down but it does not mean it cannot be shared, what a ridiculous argument.

We all know this, it's written in those sites TOS which have been shared here. Anyone who disagrees should take proper action.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:48 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
This is quite wrong. If I uploaded a video to Facebook or YouTube and say you can share, download it, etc. that means just that. The host sites have the right to take it down but it does not mean it cannot be shared, what a ridiculous argument.
Ok, just this last one as a public service.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

From YouTube:

Quote:
"Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of the material by YouTube via the Internet to a user operated Internet enabled device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be downloaded (either permanently or temporarily), copied, stored, or redistributed by the user.

"You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content."
Knock yourselves out.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:51 PM

It says right in there that you can download it if you have consent from the owner. Which is the case here. Which is also the example given by the last poster :

Quote:
So we are definitely allowed to. There are no copyright issues, nothing of the sort. Spreading the video is protected by the 1st amendment. Thank God, this not New Zealand.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Ok, just this last one as a public service.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

From YouTube:

Knock yourselves out.
Google can say whatever they like. That doesn't have any legal bearing. Not only because people have the full approval of the creator but because it was a public matter.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Google can say whatever they like. That doesn't have any legal bearing. Not only because people have the full approval of the creator but because it was a public matter.

Google does say we can download the videos if the creator gave consent :

Quote:
"You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content."

Old 03-18-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Google does say we can download the videos if the creator gave consent :
That poster thinks it's different for streaming videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies