Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 08:27 PM

1,711 posts, read 807,770 times

Advertisements

1000 a month is $6.00 per hour. There are a lot of minimum wage jobs if you are willing to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 08:35 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I am a hard right winger but Andrew Yang's $1000 a month basic income idea holds some appeal to me. What I like about it is that unlike every other handout program it does not descriminate against those without children. In our current system if you have kids you are not only protected from destitution you very likely can get a bonanza of cash and prizes from the U.S government. If you don't have kids (or have adult children) you pay into this system but if you ever need help you are on your own buddy...you can dive down into homeless and no one would care. This system is terrible and no one can guilt me into thinking otherwise. God bless you Andrew Yang.
I just saw that there was a study showing that people participating in the program were happier and healthier.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:45 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I just saw that there was a study showing that people participating in the program were happier and healthier.
I'll bet it took a real genius to come to that conclusion.

Give anyone more money and of course they will be happier.

Where do I sign up?

Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
why dont you just get a job
I have been in the work force continuously since I was a teenager in 1983...36 years of working every single day. I do not appreciate your wrong assumption. Many of my views are not related to my personal situation. I will report you right now, your response is unacceptable.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:39 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Sure you are.

By the way, trying to neutralize your supposed viewpoints to appeal to the opposition doesn't make you intellectual or reasoned. It makes you disingenuous, gutless, and fickle. Stand behind what you believe or go hide in a corner.
Every assumption you made about me is wrong. I am further to the right than every Republican politician in office today.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
I am a hard right winger but Andrew Yang's $1000 a month basic income idea holds some appeal to me. What I like about it is that unlike every other handout program it does not descriminate against those without children. In our current system if you have kids you are not only protected from destitution you very likely can get a bonanza of cash and prizes from the U.S government. If you don't have kids (or have adult children) you pay into this system but if you ever need help you are on your own buddy...you can dive down into homeless and no one would care. This system is terrible and no one can guilt me into thinking otherwise. God bless you Andrew Yang.
You sound like a typical hard right winger. Wanting government to run your life. Why work when you can get paid not too?

I think parents should teach their kids to not work for things and to not be proud of accomplishments. It's much, much better to be a loser and rely on handouts.

And one more thing, your absurd notion that it isn't like any other handouts is just that absurd. It's a handout, period.

Go sell your snake oil elsewhere.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:03 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,211 times
I paid over $100k in fed income taxes last year.....How come I dont get an award for helping out so many others?

Old 03-15-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I heat your room to 71 degrees F

I heat your room to 7,100 degrees F

Wheres the flaw in that logic? Right there. Taking something to extremes is the flaw. And its yours. What nonsense.
68 and put on a sweater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Doesn't matter if you are giving it right back to people. You act like the money is being removed from circulation. What nonsense.
lol The exact opposite. It's about inflating the money supply. That's what printing up money and giving it out does.

Why in the world would you think that poster, of all posters, would go even think it would remove money from circulation???

Old 03-15-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I paid over $100k in fed income taxes last year.....How come I dont get an award for helping out so many others?
You only get thanks when it's voluntary.

Sorry for your loss.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:20 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
I am a hard right winger but Andrew Yang's $1000 a month basic income idea holds some appeal to me. What I like about it is that unlike every other handout program it does not descriminate against those without children.

UBI is fine as long as it allows people without children to partake?

You encourage people to do nothing when you guarantee money regardless. Horrible idea. Does not matter if they have kids or not. You need to switch and be a liberal democrat. Because that is what you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies