Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 10:24 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times

Advertisements

It could happen to any of us.

What I don't understand is why SOMEONE doesn't get the man a decent haircut,
one that trims it much shorter so it's not so fly-away and crazy looking...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 10:58 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You are thinking about Trump watching Matlock.He calls it executive time.
I'll put my knowledge of history, civics and the way government is supposed to work up against POTUS DJ Trump and day.
How many times have you fallen in the shower and cut your head open? That is what this thread is about not whether or not you think you are smarter than Trump. If that is the qualification to be POTUS most Americans would qualify.

I have nothing against old people. My mom is 88 and still walks around fine and can take care of herself. People that meet her cannot believe her age and how well she is doing. However in her 80's she has limitations and i would not want her in congress or as POTUS. She poops out early afternoon. Needs lots of naps. Very forgetful. I have a 80 year old neighbor who works full time. But asks me the same questions over and over. We had this scenario once with Reagan. We don't need the Bernie version. Charisma can mask what is really going on.

And again I am sure most people know someone even a relative or parent that won't give up the car keys even when they should not be driving. People are stubborn and its hard to admit that to yourself.

As a country we can do better than that.

This ageist stuff is silly. We are not taking about a 50 year old compared to a 25 year old for a job. We are talking an 83 year old being in charge of the USA. That is a legitimate question not prejudice.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
It could happen to any of us.

What I don't understand is why SOMEONE doesn't get the man a decent haircut,
one that trims it much shorter so it's not so fly-away and crazy looking...
And he could pat it down with some gel or something.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:28 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
And he could pat it down with some gel or something.
Why would a loon want to give up the lunatic look ? Let Bernie be Bernie !!!

Old 03-17-2019, 11:29 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
... stitches like Bernie with some story about a slip and fall in his shower
He didn't slip and fall in the shower. It was the edge of a swinging shower door that hit him.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:44 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He didn't slip and fall in the shower. It was the edge of a swinging shower door that hit him.

Yep I am sure that's exactly how it happened.

Old 03-17-2019, 02:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why would a loon want to give up the lunatic look ? Let Bernie be Bernie !!!
He doesn't have to look like a fashion model. It would be nice if he looked like he didn't just roll out of bed.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:52 PM

914 posts, read 642,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
we need this guy...…….
https://crenshawforcongress.com/about/
I've never heard of him, but reading your link, sounds like someone I could enthusiastically support.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:14 PM

914 posts, read 642,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
That's disrespectful to scientists. I know a lot of them, and they usually don't look like they just fell out of bed like Bernie. He could comb his hair.
haha, I know a lot of them as well, and yes, many of them look like they just rolled out of bed and walked into the office/labs. But now that I think of it, the ones I know all seem to be extreme left libs. So maybe the reason they look that way is because they don't comb their hair the way normal people do. By normal, I mean republican.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:17 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
I have not read all the previous posts, but I feel that the other Democrats will try to use this to say, "Look, Bernie is too old,"! Of course, they are always calling for equality, so why not equality of age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies