Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 08:59 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Exactly!!

I dont think these kids really know what they are doing...its just 'cool' to be against things or appear to stand up for things, at that age.
Or maybe they've done some educated research and see the writing on the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 09:01 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
My teen spent yesterday giving volunteer time and conservation service hours here in NJ. We'll be doing the same thing again next month, and again in June. Protests are a lame excuse for not getting off their butts and doing something concrete for the environment.
Who says they're not doing something concrete for the environment?

Old 03-17-2019, 09:53 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They are doing something vitally important for the environment, after all they will have to live in the world that the older generation leaves them, so it is even more important to them...It is also important to remember that many of these youths will be voting in the next election, and all of them will be eligible to vote very soon....I have a very positive feeling about the future, and much of the credit is due to what these young people are doing today.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:57 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That would be 420 times smarter than the filth spewing from their young misled pieholes.
Geeez, I hope you are not a parent.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:30 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Common sense? Environmental conservation, in practice, is hard work. We forget, or perhaps it just gets overlooked in all the controversy of climate change, that protecting the environment means more than lobbying for alternate energy. It's planting trees, it's clearing deadfall, it's mitigating run-off to protect waterways, or - like we were doing yesterday - working on an erosion project. It can be physically demanding and time consuming. I'd be willing to put money on the majority of these students not doing a thing.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:36 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
SF students protest everything every day.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:47 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I wonder how many of these idiots will give up cars in the future... Lol

Old 03-18-2019, 06:59 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
They are doing something vitally important for the environment, after all they will have to live in the world that the older generation leaves them, so it is even more important to them...It is also important to remember that many of these youths will be voting in the next election, and all of them will be eligible to vote very soon....I have a very positive feeling about the future, and much of the credit is due to what these young people are doing today.
Unfortunately, we have a bunch of left wing libs teaching in academia, molding then moving our youth up the ladder.

When I was a student back in the mid 70s, I took a physics course,”Science For A Humane Survival”, (catchy name for the times), taught by a lefty named George Saulsman, we were spoon fed with lots of propaganda handouts, regarding climate change, overpopulation, etc...you get the picture. Taught in an auditorium, P/F grading, taking no attendance...as a young guy, why not, sign me up.

Well, here we are close to 50 years later....

Old 03-18-2019, 09:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Common sense? Environmental conservation, in practice, is hard work. We forget, or perhaps it just gets overlooked in all the controversy of climate change, that protecting the environment means more than lobbying for alternate energy. It's planting trees, it's clearing deadfall, it's mitigating run-off to protect waterways, or - like we were doing yesterday - working on an erosion project. It can be physically demanding and time consuming. I'd be willing to put money on the majority of these students not doing a thing.
That’s admirable that you did that. However, you have no idea what else people do in their spare time.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:36 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why don't these kids do this on their free time instead of school time?

This is what happens when we coddle and enable our youth.
Why not do this on a school day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies