Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Anthropogenic Global Warming real?
Yes 66 49.25%
No 55 41.04%
Undecided 13 9.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 08:23 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I have a very good idea what you know and don't know, because you regularly post uninformed opinions and blatant misinformation as facts.

But OK - make your argument. You asserted that the climate change we're currently experiencing is attributable to natural cycles and solar warming. Cite your data supporting that assertion, if you know what you're talking about.

You show me objective proof man is causing climate change and we need to install drastic, economy killing measures run by bigger, and bigger government first. Objective proof, Not a few years of change in the weather. Go ahead. Oh, yeah.. Links?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 08:28 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You show me objective proof man is causing climate change and we need to install drastic, economy killing measures run by bigger, and bigger government first. Objective proof, Not a few years of change in the weather. Go ahead. Oh, yeah.. Links?
Why in the world would I do that? Did I say all that somewhere?

So, OK... we've established that you don't know what you're talking about, and that instead of having the guts to admit it, you're going to hide behind "I don't have to show my evidence until someone else shows me evidence for an argument that they aren't even making." It's about what I expected.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:51 AM

You want me and everyone else to change our lifestyles, grow government, pay more taxes, pay more for energy and all products, so the onus is ON YOU to prove man is causing climate change.

Change your lifestyle first, then we can talk. Hypocrites, all of you.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:52 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times
Quote:
You want me and everyone else to change our lifestyles, grow government, pay more taxes, pay more for energy and all products, so the onus is ON YOU to prove man is causing climate change.

Better get on the phone with your lawyer and litigate your utility

Old 03-16-2019, 08:57 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:

I don't recall asking you or anyone else to do any of those things. Why do you keep changing the subject? You think it will make everyone forget that you're completely unable to back up your claims?

Old 03-16-2019, 09:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
The Earth heats, and cools based on natural cycles, and natural changes in the SUN. Get over it. If your life is that meaningless that you have to adopt the religion of man made climate change, then you need to get a hobby, or do something to make you feel more valuable to yourself. Maybe community service, or helping the poor will make you feel better.
While that maybe true the new player to the game is mans daily use of 100 million barrels of fossil fuels every day, climatologists are warning that this course of action is negatively impacting the Eaths climate.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While that maybe true the new player to the game is mans daily use of 100 million barrels of fossil fuels every day, climatologists are warning that this course of action is negatively impacting the Eaths climate.
If that is the case, what are you doing to not use fossil fuels, or buy anything made from or that uses fossil fuel in the process, or for transportation. Much if not most of our oil goes to the production of PLASTICS.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:13 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I'm confused....

We are in a global cooling trend. The next couple of years will really wake people up to this reality. The global warming crowd was all about fear-mongering, raising your taxes, and control. People like Al Gore duped many gullible believers. He is now worth hundreds of millions of dollars for being WRONG. Now the global warming crowd has changed it to climate change so they can hedge in various directions and these same people are still about fear-mongering, raising your taxes, and control. The Earth's climate has changed since its existence. The climate change "experts" just want to control you and for you to pay more money to grease their wheels. And a lot of people buy into their tripe.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:22 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Scientists says it’s real. Religious leaders and corporate shills say it’s a hoax. I’m going with the scientists.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
If that is the case, what are you doing to not use fossil fuels, or buy anything made from or that uses fossil fuel in the process, or for transportation. Much if not most of our oil goes to the production of PLASTICS.
Theres a lot we can do to minimize our use of fossil fuel based products without moving to a cave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies