Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 09:40 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Actually she only really did 1 push-up. The other 4 push-ups that she did were redistributed to people who didn't do any push-ups.
Okay, I don't care who you are....

THAT was funny.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 09:48 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Women are largely unfit for politics because they are cavers and people pleasers, that's their gender role - to compromise and resolve differences without bloodshed or argument. Well that's fine in a family, and desirable, but it doesn't work for a nation. Compromise means we always lose, and we should never abandon our principles or lose a little every time so that by the end we're completely lost and way away from our original position....just give up all at once if that's what you'll tolerate.

Women are not designed for combat and contention. Let the men do it. Women desire equality but the reality is that they are not equal to men. They are not the same. Political equality is an artificial construction that denies the physical reality of differences between the sexes.

IF women want equal political power they as a group should take on equal physical responsibility, and since they haven't done that (can't), they shouldn't have exactly equal political power. They should have power proportional to their ability to wield the power, to defend the institutions, to do the work necessary to sustain them. Power should never exceed ability.

So you are of the school of thinking that might makes right? Brawn over brains? Yep, you must be a knuckle-dragging conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Wow, are you a time traveler? Do you think the 19th amendment should be rescinded?
Before WWI phantompilot's argument was one the anti-suffragists used to try to keep women from the vote. But that argument lost steam because they couldn't justify that any longer when there were millions of men who didn't go into battle who still were allowed to vote.

We are moving slowly but surely away from such caveman mentality, but as you can see, it still has some strong pockets of support in the right wing.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:12 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Quote:
He's also over 70 years old. So he might not be able to do that. Even moderately overweight people can still do pushups if they are in decent condition. The morbidly obese, of course, obviously unlikely. That's not Trump. He had a BMI of 30.4 at last physical, so right on the cusp. If he takes a big dump he's not obese, if he gets on the scale after the meal, he's obese.
I'm 66 and can still bench press 200+ pounds, hold a plank for 5 minutes and run/jog a 5K in under 30 minutes. I live in a retirement community so the gym is full of people in their 60s, 70s and 80s, some of which put me to shame in cardio and strength.

I will also say there are some in there 60s in such poor health I doubt they see 70.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:14 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
This is quite dumb.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:18 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Another AOCDS

Old 03-16-2019, 10:38 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
Where's the beef?

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/11066445428481433

A "nice nudge" is celebrating mediocrity ....sounds like somebody's reaching.

OP never enjoyed a little LEVITY w/co-workers.

What a pitteh.
Thanks for posting that. Shows how pathetic the OP and his fellow conservatives are in attacking AOC constantly. Especially over pushups. How pathetic.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:38 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Just when I thought threads couldn't get any more ridiculous a new stupid thread is created and lowers the bar even further.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:44 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Weaklings and fatties, maybe. If you're that young and fit and not overweight, you can do five pushups.
This is a very ignorant statement. Women do not have the same upper body strength as men. Sure, some women build up that strength, but the vast majority of healthy, active women could not do 5 push-ups. And they are not "fatties." They are functioning in the work force, in their communities, in their families.

I am speaking here from a position of knowledge; I am a physical therapist.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:13 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Weaklings and fatties, maybe. If you're that young and fit and not overweight, you can do five pushups.
I'm a 28yo woman, 5'10 and 125 lbs and recently completed a notoriously difficult hike in just under 53 minutes (2.9 km with 853m vertical gain), when the average person takes 1.5-2 hours. So I'd say I'm pretty fit.

Yet I can't do a single push-up due to a bad wrist due to repeated injury (skiing, bouldering). And even before it was very difficult because I have really long monkey arms, so it takes more force to propel my body off the ground.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:18 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Women are largely unfit for politics because they are cavers and people pleasers, that's their gender role - to compromise and resolve differences without bloodshed or argument. Well that's fine in a family, and desirable, but it doesn't work for a nation. Compromise means we always lose, and we should never abandon our principles or lose a little every time so that by the end we're completely lost and way away from our original position....just give up all at once if that's what you'll tolerate.

Women are not designed for combat and contention. Let the men do it. Women desire equality but the reality is that they are not equal to men. They are not the same. Political equality is an artificial construction that denies the physical reality of differences between the sexes.

IF women want equal political power they as a group should take on equal physical responsibility, and since they haven't done that (can't), they shouldn't have exactly equal political power. They should have power proportional to their ability to wield the power, to defend the institutions, to do the work necessary to sustain them. Power should never exceed ability.
Lol. It's almost as if you think the people with the power to call for wars actually fight in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies