Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 08:55 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Actually, why isn't this thread about why people refuse to blame the criminal who actually committed the crime? Chelsea Clinton didn't pull the trigger and murder innocent people in Christchurch NZ. An actual racist, agenda driven, murdering bastard did.
There is the small picture and then the big picture. In the small picture it is all the shooters fault. There is never a legitimate excuse for violence like this.

In the bigger picture there are many to blame. There are many, many in places of power that pushes and promotes hate and violence. Hillary was one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 09:00 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Americans, even democrats are typical centered around the far right.

They think the bombing of the al-shifa pharmaceutical factory that lead to thousands of deaths was a moderate foreign policy action that they write off as a mistake.

They see the slaughter of civilians in Somalia, Libya, and Iran as unfortunate mistakes made by reasonable presidents from both sides of the aisle. They think letting people starve on the street is their own fault.

Muslim majority countries, even in Iran typically have a government that pays for all its citizens in doing anything, and starvation is never a threat in life. People look after one another. They do it because of oil money.

Secondly the Muslim diaspora, especially the Arab population has views on American foriegn policy that average every day Walmart shopping Americans will find horrifying. You see, it is typical in this country to follow the mainstream media, and support the nicest politician who commits slaughter in the kinder way. Even Pod Save America, filled with Obama alumni, support Bolton's policy of starving Venezuelans. There is pretty much unanimous support on these sort of things.

Israel is another issue. As Americans believe Palestinians are to blame for everything, and saying otherwise is heresy, there is little room for argument. The Muslim population on the other hand, like my family for example, have never had positive views of Israel; it would be quite disturbing to the pleasant folk of America.

Even the progressive outlets like the NYTs have to fake support for Muslims, but only superficially, as they find the position of Omar and others just as strange and unacceptable as republicans. They have a balancing act because they would love to support Arabs and Persians for intersectionalist reasons, but when they start talking about policy together, that becomes unacceptable.

My family for example all supported Ralph Nader in 2000, because he was the most left wing option. After 9/11 it became more stark as the war developed.

Let me sum up the differences like this. Muslims find war in Muslim countries as criminal, while democrats find it unpleasant.

All the black and white woman who are blue card carrying democrats intrinsically side with Chelsea because she is one of them.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:02 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,208,902 times
Shame on Chelsea for her islamaphobic speech

Old 03-16-2019, 09:06 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I don't like Chelsea or her politics - but what happened was bull crap.

But I do applaud her for giving the lunatic a "bless your heart" type of response ...

"I'm sorry you feel that way."

ROFLMAO
Agree 100%.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:10 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
To listen to these leftist students, the take away message they want you to get from this is, “Being anti Muslim is NOT ok, but being anti Jewish is just fine.”

Yep. Jewish Democrats, take heed. Time to join the Jexit (like Blexit, for Jews) from the Dem Party. #JEXIT

Old 03-16-2019, 09:28 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Clinton did nothing wrong. Good for her for staying calm while listening.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:32 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Chelsea was probably drunk at the time and wont remember. Her dads interventionist actions probably caused the murder of someone the protester knew. Odds are anyway.
She’s pregnant with her third child. I doubt she was drunk. Geez!

Old 03-16-2019, 10:35 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
To listen to these leftist students, the take away message they want you to get from this is, “Being anti Muslim is NOT ok, but being anti Jewish is just fine.”

That was exactly my takeaway.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:47 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I asked you your positions not about some boogeyman's argument. Don't rely on some boogeyman argument. I've argued to hammer businesses hiring illegals. I'm not sure how that fits into your stereotypes.

Now, what do you suppose we do about the loss of jobs and what will be a growing population?
probably what we have done since the beginning...………...compete for the available jobs...…..

Old 03-16-2019, 10:50 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
probably what we have done since the beginning...………...compete for the available jobs...…..
And the millions that don't get one?

I ask this question all the time and no one wants to address it with an actual answer. If you want to take a position, defend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies