Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 01:39 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times

Advertisements

You know how we know the Dossier is fake. Manafort was not convicted on anything contained in it, or find evidence he ever did.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:41 PM

17,878 posts, read 27,274,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The efforts by Trump and his cronies to discredit the Steele Dossier isn't working. Turns out the rumors that Christopher Steele collected from his contacts in Moscow and other parts of Russia weren't his imagination or any sort of fabrication. A lot of things included in the memos that comprise his Dossier have been confirmed, and many more of them are still being investigated. Maybe before it's over we'll know exactly what sort of Kompromat Putin has on Trump.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...OOq-Xs/preview
Horsecrap. This garbage came off message boards and got thrown into a dossier.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:47 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times
https://www.independentsentinel.com/...ian-influence/

John McCain’s 2008 Campaign Was Marred by Russian Influence

Take a wild guess who the main character was, the common denominator.... The Glen Simpson Article in the WSJ, became the Dossier, just change a few names.

Circa News’ Sarah Carter published a story Wednesday about the Russian influence surrounding Senator John McCain’s 2008 campaign. The same Russians and foreign lobbyists tied to the Russia probe around Donald Trump were involved in the McCain campaign.
McCain and his staff had knowledge of the Russia ties during the 2008 campaign. Manafort was known to be working for the political party in Ukraine supporting Ukrainian Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych, who was backed by Putin.
Davis was asked to leave the campaign in mid-2000 because of his ties and, ironically, he went to work with Manafort. In 2006, Davis and Manafort arranged two meetings between McCain and Deripaska in group settings. Circa News describes the meetings in the article.

Manafort is in jail for influencing elections in an indirect way. He was placed by the CIA into McCain's camp and again into the Trump camp and was tossed very quickly. McCain held onto Manafort a lot longer. Who warned Trump about Manafort(Roger Stone)

The Dossier was composed in 2007. Same story, with different people today.

Mueller had to grab Manafort and Papadapolas, to shut them up.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:37 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,758,557 times
https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-d...-retrospective

Much information has been confirmed although
Quote:
The Mueller investigation has clearly produced public records that confirm pieces of the dossier. And even where the details are not exact, the general thrust of Steele’s reporting seems credible in light of what we now know about extensive contacts between numerous individuals associated with the Trump campaign and Russian government officials.

However, there is also a good deal in the dossier that has not been corroborated in the official record and perhaps never will be—whether because it’s untrue, unimportant or too sensitive. As a raw intelligence document, the Steele dossier, we believe, holds up well so far. But surely there is more to come from Mueller’s team. We will return to it as the public record develops.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:43 PM

20,603 posts, read 8,373,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Much information has been confirmed although
Yes, it's been confirmed that the man named in the dossier, Donald J. Trump, exists. Next!

Meanwhile what are we going to do about the problem named Hillary?

Old 03-18-2019, 02:52 PM

18,748 posts, read 11,711,598 times
Raw intelligence is just that, raw intelligence. Some of it will be true, some of it won't. That's why things like this need to be investigated thoroughly. I respect Bob Woodward and I think he did a good job with his book. I thought it was a fair analysis. The dossier? A small small part of a complex big puzzle. Trying to blow it up into more of what is, is is ridiculous. I'm sure the SDNY didn't need the dossier. There's plenty of sketchy behavior out there to warrant a thorough investigation. This constant look over there is just another recycled attempt to discredit the facts.

Lawfare has a good article "The Steele Dossier: A Retrospective."

"The dossier is actually a series of reports 16 in all -a total of 35 pages. Written in 2016, the dossier is a collection of raw intelligence. Steele neither evaluated nor synthesized the intelligence. He neither rendered bottom line judgements. The dossier is, quite simply and by design, raw reporting, not a finished intelligence product." That's up to our Intel to refine it. The article goes into great detail what's panned out based on public knowledge. Okay I'll post a link for you. Sometimes I'm lazy but my hand is still not working 100% after the accident.

Seriously, read the article. It's interesting.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-d...-retrospective

Old 03-18-2019, 03:23 PM

20,603 posts, read 8,373,426 times
I'm surprised with all this 'evidence' that the committees actually working on the investigations have said there is no evidence of Trump colluding with Russians. Even Comey, that traitor, said Trump was not implicated.

You Conspiracy Network News watchers need to find a better source for news because you just sound silly now. You need to look in the mirror and say, "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." Mainstream media has fooled you hundreds of times over the past three years. Stop being their patsy.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:10 PM

17,878 posts, read 27,274,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Horsecrap. This garbage came off message boards and got thrown into a dossier.
Just a couple days ago, Christopher Steele admitted in a deposition he used a cnni report or basically just a comment board with random people on the internet to support details he used in the Dossier.

This dossier is a huge joke.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:59 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,711,598 times
Good find McGowdog. It sure peaked my interest, but I disagree that the whole dossier is a joke. Here's what I found. Buzzfeed was being sued by a Russian Aleksej Gubarev owner of a web company Webzilla whose parent company is XBT. Steele had to explain "some of the steps" he used to verify information about the company and yes, you are right, he used the CNNi website in his research. Notice I said some of the steps. Steele was under court ordered parameters as to which sources he could reveal. He could not describe what other methods he used to verify the information. So this one CNNi source is but one, not all of the dossier.

Steele also used sources he trusted in Russia and else where. He had a long career as a MI6 agent and specialized in Russia intelligence. He worked with the FBI in the soccer FIFA scandal, so he was a known entity. David Kramer is a former US state department agent and he also verified the names of some of the contacts from his work involving Russia.

So we have one company and one piece used out of many to verify information about one company. Like I said before, these are field reports and not the whole investigation. Just guidelines to point our intelligence in the right direction. Russia is tricky and will lie and cheat and spread false information, you know, not unlike what we have in the white house. Our intel knows this and there is no doubt in my mind that we have the finest working on every meticulous detail to verify the facts, and there are still many in the dossier.

I know it's hyperbolic nonsense to keep focusing on a recycled conspiracy theory and Sanders spreading fake news that the dossier sparked the investigation into Trump as if it's supposed to undo all of the Mueller convictions. It's pure fantasy. Wasn't it Nunes that said that Pappadopoulos sparked the investigation when an Aussie blew the whistle on his drunk confession of trying to garner dirt on Clinton from the Russian's at the end of his fake memo that was supposed to exonerate Trump with more to follow?

Old 03-19-2019, 05:51 AM

56,847 posts, read 25,780,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Good find McGowdog. It sure peaked my interest, but I disagree that the whole dossier is a joke. Here's what I found. Buzzfeed was being sued by a Russian Aleksej Gubarev owner of a web company Webzilla whose parent company is XBT. Steele had to explain "some of the steps" he used to verify information about the company and yes, you are right, he used the CNNi website in his research. Notice I said some of the steps. Steele was under court ordered parameters as to which sources he could reveal. He could not describe what other methods he used to verify the information. So this one CNNi source is but one, not all of the dossier.

Steele also used sources he trusted in Russia and else where. He had a long career as a MI6 agent and specialized in Russia intelligence. He worked with the FBI in the soccer FIFA scandal, so he was a known entity. David Kramer is a former US state department agent and he also verified the names of some of the contacts from his work involving Russia.

So we have one company and one piece used out of many to verify information about one company. Like I said before, these are field reports and not the whole investigation. Just guidelines to point our intelligence in the right direction. Russia is tricky and will lie and cheat and spread false information, you know, not unlike what we have in the white house. Our intel knows this and there is no doubt in my mind that we have the finest working on every meticulous detail to verify the facts, and there are still many in the dossier.

I know it's hyperbolic nonsense to keep focusing on a recycled conspiracy theory and Sanders spreading fake news that the dossier sparked the investigation into Trump as if it's supposed to undo all of the Mueller convictions. It's pure fantasy. Wasn't it Nunes that said that Pappadopoulos sparked the investigation when an Aussie blew the whistle on his drunk confession of trying to garner dirt on Clinton from the Russian's at the end of his fake memo that was supposed to exonerate Trump with more to follow?
Good points, the dossier was raw data but much of the research was already being investigated by the FBI. Steele was also a very experienced MI6 agent and had extensive contacts in Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies