Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2019, 09:42 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Prove what you say is true. Then list EVERY Congressperson and Senator who voted for the Iraq War. Trump supports Saudi Arabia, who is killing thousands in Yemen. Not one peep from you.

Otherwise it's YOUR opinion, nothing more.
every President since WW 2 supports Saudi Arabia......our government supports Israel.....your point? Saudi Arabia is the least of our problems in the Middle East. You think if we stop supporting Saudi Arabia and pack and leave the killings and wars will stop? LOL

not opinion, fact! fact is a stubborn thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 09:43 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and your solution is to nuke North Korea and create another war?.....let's go to war with every country you don't approve of. yeah, that's the solution.
Trump's "solution" was no solution. NK is still expanding their long range weapon production. You think Kim is in any way "afraid" of Trump? Nope.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:44 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,068 times
Quote:
many good people dodged the Vietnam war and some of them became Presidents and Senators.....it was an immoral war. McCain always liked wars and deaths, he proved that for decades as a Senator.

if you want to call that a man, millions of Vietnamese think otherwise.
So conservatives support the troops only if they think the conflict in which they were called to participate is "moral?" Lol

Military members do not pick and choose which conflict to participate in based on how they feel about it, like they're picking out a pair of socks for the day. They swore an oath to protect and serve, and they go into harm's way when they are ordered to - PERIOD.

The soldier who fought in Vietbam is no more or less "moral" than the one who got dragged into WW2 or any other, nor are they less deserving of support and sympathy. If you want to point fingers and talk about morality, point them at the politicians who sent them there.

Your conveniently selective support of the military shows that you do not in fact support the military or veterans, which is a shame.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Prove it.

sorry, can't help you. You are calling the anti-war movement in Vietnam cowards. So to be a hero and brave you had to go and bomb a poor country back to the stone ages and kill Vietnamese people.....yeah!!! real man there!!! a hero!!!!

Old 03-19-2019, 09:49 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
Quote:
sorry, can't help you. You are calling the anti-war movement in Vietnam cowards. So to be a hero and brave you had to go and bomb a poor country back to the stone ages and kill Vietnamese people.....yeah!!! real man there!!! a hero!!!!
Trump wasn't anti war. Show me where he carried signs, demonstrated, and got his arse kicked by the cops. So, you're calling VN vets murderers? Really? Then add me to your dubious list.

You can't "help" because your opinions are just that...opinions. Nothing based on anything near factual.

BTW: Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:56 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,276,730 times
Quote:
Trump wasn't anti war. Show me where he carried signs, demonstrated, and got his arse kicked by the cops. So, you're calling VN vets murderers? Really? Then add me to your dubious list.

You can't "help" because your opinions are just that...opinions. Nothing based on anything near factual.

Not anti war at all, but that just makes him more of a coward for pulling the ***** foot ruse.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So conservatives support the troops only if they think the conflict in which they were called to participate is "moral?" Lol

Military members do not pick and choose which conflict to participate in based on how they feel about it, like they're picking out a pair of socks for the day. They swore an oath to protect and serve, and they go into harm's way when they are ordered to - PERIOD.

The soldier who fought in Vietbam is no more or less "moral" than the one who got dragged into WW2 or any other, nor are they less deserving of support and sympathy. If you want to point fingers and talk about morality, point them at the politicians who sent them there.

Your conveniently selective support of the military shows that you do not in fact support the military or veterans, which is a shame.

so in your argument it has to be one thing or the other? the anti-war movement in Vietnam were cowards?

you really want to compare WW 2 to Vietnam? WW 2 we were attacked and dragged into the war....what did Vietnam ever did to the USA? all they wanted was to be independent and unite their country and we bombed the cr@p out of their country back to the stone ages.

I don't blame the soldiers that fought in Nam........I have a problem in particular with John McCain that he never saw the big picture. He was against the U.S. pulling out of Vietnam when he came back and as a Senator he went to Vietnam in the mid 90's and on their soil said the wrong side won. That mentality of endless wars and endless occupations is the reason we have a mess in the world........the man was a crazy war monger.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:

so to be anti war during Vietnam you have to get beat up by cops, be loud and destroy public property and carry signs? LMAO!!!

I didn't call VN Vets murderers......try again. I said the war was immoral to many and they didn't want to be part of that.

the feeling is mutual.........yes, everybody has an opinion including you. The difference is I don't get upset or personal here like you.....LOL

Old 03-19-2019, 10:03 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
that's your opinion.......Trump uses his tweet for his base.....it's free and doesn't cost him a cent..........if you don't like Trump then don't read his tweets but the left and some people can't help themselves. They need to talk about Trump all the time because it's good for their ratings. so you have to be in the Army to be a fighter in life? many people especially women would disagree with that statement.
I didn't say that one has to have been in the Army to have been a fighter.

I used my father as a true example to both make the point (and many people who weren't in the Army, etc., are fighters in other ways, but still feel the same way about the type and number of such deferments.....and...in the specific case of Trump...that the justification was likely made up) of comparing Trump to the rest of the public, and comparing him to McCain as a fighter.

Trump has some worthwhile things in his life that he has fought for/completed....the ice rink in Manhattan comes to mind, but he has also demonstrated that some of his fighting is because he's a snowflake/thin-skinned. He's been feuding with Graydon Carter for over 30 years because Carter called him a 'short-fingered vulgarian' in a magazine article in the 80s.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I didn't say that one has to have been in the Army to have been a fighter.

I used my father as a true example to both make the point (and many people who weren't in the Army, etc., are fighters in other ways, but still feel the same way about the type and number of such deferments.....and...in the specific case of Trump...that the justification was likely made up) of comparing Trump to the rest of the public, and comparing him to McCain as a fighter.

Trump has some worthwhile things in his life that he has fought for/completed....the ice rink in Manhattan comes to mind, but he has also demonstrated that some of his fighting is because he's a snowflake/thin-skinned. He's been feuding with Graydon Carter for over 30 years because Carter called him a 'short-fingered vulgarian' in a magazine article in the 80s.

half the country was divided and the more the war became unpopular and the lies of our government became public, "the Pentagon Papers", millions of Americans didn't want to be part of the war. Many people did what they had to do to avoid the war. Bill Clinton did his thing, W Bush, Cheney and many others.......looking at it back, I would have done the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies