Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 12:27 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times

Advertisements

Ok, what were you doing at age 16? I had three wrecks and they were ALL my fault. Don't think voting would have been a good idea. Check out these funny examples of 16 year olds behavior.

Young Americans Hilariously Explain Why Lowering Voting Age to 16 Is Terrible Idea...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Ok, what were you doing at age 16? I had three wrecks and they were ALL my fault. Don't think voting would have been a good idea. Check out these funny examples of 16 year olds behavior.

Young Americans Hilariously Explain Why Lowering Voting Age to 16 Is Terrible Idea...
Can you honestly say those people wouldnt do that at 18 or 26, 36, 66 ?

Seems like they all explained why they as individuals shouldnt vote at 16(or any age if thats their criteria )

Old 03-17-2019, 01:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
My god!!! When I was 16 my dad kicked me and 3 friends out of the truck at the trail head for some lake the had a Forest Service watch tower on the mountain close to it. The idea was we could camp at the lake, smoke joints, fish, hike up the mountain to the tower and generally raise havoc with nature. Which we did in spades. We caused significant geologic event.

The lake was an old caldera that had carved out part of the mountain. The slope had several glaciers and large boulders scattered across it. Some the size of cars, some the size of houses. On our way up to the tower (the climb was easily 1 or 2 thousand feet) we were dislodging rocks and stuff just to see it roll into the lake. About half way up there was a rock the size of a house. It seemed like a great idea if we could get that rock into the lake. We tried removing rocks on the slope in front of it for awhile then gave up and then moved on because it was too much work.

About 30 minutes later, on the spur of the mountain going to the watchtower proper we started to hear noises coming form behind us. Rumbliing and crunching sounds. We stood on a small narrow ridge of solid granite and watched almost the whole slope we had come up slide into the lake. There was a huge plume of dust and a big wave on the lake and we thought it was totally cool. Until our drug addled minds realized we could have been in that slide and we could not go back down the way we had come up.

No, 16 year olds should not vote. As a matter of fact MALES should not be allowed to vote until the age of 30 IMO. That's when we seem to discover we're not immortal and develope some common sense it seems to me. Females can vote at 21.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:24 PM

Dang Scrat, that was funny! At 16 I decided it would be fun to ride my horse into a bar. That didn't end well. Made the horse uber nervous and my parents had a carpet cleaning bill to pay for. At 16 I probably couldn't tell you who the president was.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Can you honestly say those people wouldnt do that at 18 or 26, 36, 66 ?

Seems like they all explained why they as individuals shouldnt vote at 16(or any age if thats their criteria )

Well, I'm 72 now and haven't had a wreck since, so we do eventually grow up.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:33 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
When I was 16, a friend and I went out on Halloween night and spray painted all of the speed limit signs in town changing them from "35" to "85".

Old 03-17-2019, 05:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Well, I'm 72 now and haven't had a wreck since, so we do eventually grow up.
Are you saying no one who is 72 has wrecks, because that is the only way this logic works.

same is true of everything in your link. These people only showed their own maturity, not others.

There are some 80 year olds i know who should probably never be near a ballot box, doesnt mean i believe in a cap on voting.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:46 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
When I was 16 me and my friends dressed up like one of the gangs from The Warriors (the Baseball Furies in case anyone was wondering) and ran around our neighborhood at night causing people to call the police.

And it wasn’t halloween!

Old 03-17-2019, 05:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Dang Scrat, that was funny! At 16 I decided it would be fun to ride my horse into a bar. That didn't end well. Made the horse uber nervous and my parents had a carpet cleaning bill to pay for. At 16 I probably couldn't tell you who the president was.
I don't tell that to many people, they think I'm bsing them. My dad always thought we were too. I'm not. It was epic though.

The 2 other guys with me were the only witnesses, one is no longer with us and the other lives somewhere in Ohio now last I heard and would probably never admit to it.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Are you saying no one who is 72 has wrecks, because that is the only way this logic works.

same is true of everything in your link. These people only showed their own maturity, not others.

There are some 80 year olds i know who should probably never be near a ballot box, doesnt mean i believe in a cap on voting.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies