Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 12:30 PM

72,834 posts, read 62,229,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Just because Antifa hasn't killed anyone yet - that you know of - doesn't mean they haven't tried or haven't done things that could have resulted in death, because they have, so clearly they are violent and willing to kill.

The difference is that Antifa is deady in response to other people exercising their constitutional rights. For the most part, right-wing violence is in response to acts of aggression or support for aggression.

Sometimes its symbolic, where the revenge is taken against others of the (guilty) group than those directly responsible. For example, attacking the *supporters" of aggressive and harmful actions.

So the media likes to refer to this as terror, but really what it is, sometimes, is a response to aggression, rather than aggression itself, meaning it is retaliatory and not the originating action.
The violent far-right groups are far more of a threat to me than antifa is. I care about what is the biggest threat to ME. Dylann Roof proved to be more of a threat to me than any antifa. Groups like the KKK and various Neo-Nazi groups have killed more Black people (in the name of racial hatred) than antifa has ever done. And don't bring up that stat about Black on Black time. Different subject for a different time. If it's between antifa vs the violent far-right groups like the KKK, I am far less afraid of antifa. Annoyed by them? Perhaps. Do I fear them? No. They aren't going to target me. The KKK and violent Neo-Nazi groups hate black people and target them. I can't change my skin color or who I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 12:32 PM

5,716 posts, read 3,226,540 times
when whitey keeps being blamed for everyone's problems...go figure.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:33 PM

72,834 posts, read 62,229,798 times
At the end of the day, I will decide what is the biggest threat to me.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:35 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I would still like to know why progressives leave out 9/11 when talking about extremism/terrorism. Why do they so often tout statistics "since 9/11"?

Hmmm........
The perpetrators of that horrific act are from the same nation that sanctioned the murder and dismemberment of Western journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Guess what? Your President is not only an apologist for the Saudis that committed this vile act, he is doing everything in his power to protect crown prince Mohammad bin Salman from being brought to justice.

Point is, I don't see a dime's worth of difference between the Saudi terrorists that flew the planes into those towers, and the right-wing radicals that are far and away the primary source of the terrorist acts in this country. Cut from the same cloth. Same end goal, different tactics that's all.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:36 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,229,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Only a fool isn't at least somewhat worried about a person or group of people who have shown a willingness to initiate violence against those who disagree with them.

Your pathetic variant of the "not a real man..." argument isn't worthy of adult conversation.
So they scare you as well....hahaha....how embarrassing.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:56 PM

1,406 posts, read 793,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
So they scare you as well....hahaha....how embarrassing.
You're such a brave man, not afraid of someone pointing a gun or swinging a club at you just because they are young.

Like I said, only a fool...

Old 03-19-2019, 01:15 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,229,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
You're such a brave man, not afraid of someone pointing a gun or swinging a club at you just because they are young.
As far as I know they haven't shot anyone. Also aren't you guys suppose to be the tough manly side? You let a group of teens intimate you guys that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies