Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 03:04 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, I will agree that extremists spend far too much time focusing on the wrong crap. No doubt there.

But, that's not most people, not by a long shot.

You may think black people don't care about politically-correct speech, but you try Columbusing or dropping the N bomb and you'll see that they do care.

Just not in a "super left-wing" sort of a way.
Its not only the N word. Plenty of derogatory words that I wont say on here. But I agree with the Hidden Tribes report. Also context, optics matter as well as if someone is using worlds in truth to power, jokes, or poetic, vs blatantly saying something offensive to ridicule someone into oblivion, sadly you don't agree.

And again it is not a lot, but ot looks like a lot. 8 Percent of Americans are part of the cringe left, that is around 30 million people. Many are apart of academia, entertainment, publishing, media, journalism and so forth. Also they are big into social media such as twitter, facebook and google youtube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 03:05 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Oh, I will agree that extremists spend far too much time focusing on the wrong crap. No doubt there.

You may think black people don't care about politically-correct speech, but you try Columbusing or dropping the N bomb and you'll see that they do care.

Is there the same reaction when black people drop the N bomb ?

Old 03-18-2019, 03:07 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Is there the same reaction when black people drop the N bomb ?
according to Redzin and many on the left. NO! My best bet for black folks is to stop using the N word, or other racial terms that are offensive that I wont say on here. Have you ever been on black twitter and black youtube and see the profanity that black Americans use on their against their own people. Horrible. Than again I'm all for free speech. Oh well.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
This is fascinating. Regardless of what your political orientation, the statistics on public perception of race cited in this article are essential to understanding the attitudes that are forming policy, vis-a-vis race and immigration.

(stats from cited article)

Black Republicans have a more favorable impression of white people than white Democrats.

White Democrats are the only group that have a more favorable impression of other races than their own.

How do Democrats and Republicans, white and black, view people of their own race vs other races?

White Clinton voters

positive towards their own race: 70%

positive towards other races: 80%

Black Clinton voters

positive towards their own race: 85%

positive towards other races: 59%

White Trump voters

positive towards their own race: 80%

positive towards other races: 69%

Black Trump voters

positive towards their own race: 77%

positive towards other races: 72%

----

And even more interesting is this statistic:

Percentage who disagreed with this statement: “Irish, Italians, Jewish and many other minorities overcame their prejudice and worked their way up. Blacks should do the same without special favors.”

White liberals: 46%

Blacks: 32%

----

And on immigration:

Percentage who agreed that it is racist for a white person to want less immigration to help maintain the white share of the population.

White, educated Clinton voter: 91%

All white Clinton voters: 73%

Minority Clinton voters: 58%

All minority voters: 45%

White Trump voters: 5%

Old 03-18-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
according to Redzin and many on the left. NO! My best bet for black folks is to stop using the N word, or other racial terms that are offensive that I wont say on here. Have you ever been on black twitter and black youtube and see the profanity that black Americans use on their against their own people. Horrible. Than again I'm all for free speech. Oh well.
I'd rather they stopped killing each other in huge numbers first.
I mean,every time I hear the excuse that they live in poverty I wonder why they think they're going to get any richer by killing their equally poor black compatriots ?
My Slovakian gardener came to the country dirt poor a decade ago and as far as I know he hasn't killed anyone yet.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:20 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
We were all humming along nicely, working toward a common goal together until Obama came along. Obama could have united the people even more and lifted up black people by his example that if you are smart you too could become President but no he chose to go the base route and cast black people as victims of the white man and how they are oppressed by them.
The funniest and most ironic thing about your post is that Obama did NOT do that. Like...at all.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a post as fact free as yours.

Step out of the echo chamber please.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The funniest and most ironic thing about your post is that Obama did NOT do that. Like...at all.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a post as fact free as yours.

Step out of the echo chamber please.
Actually there's very little Obama did for black people - he spent most of his time getting his ass kissed by Hollywood.
Donald Trump has done for more for the economic prospects of black people in his first term than Barry did in 8 years.
Talk is cheap.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:39 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:

Call me crazy but calling someone a N is well beyond merely being politically incorrect.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:48 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
The Left (Democrats) are promoting that Whites are racist as a way to keep us divided, create, and maintain a class of VICTIMS to promote that government must step in a FIX a problem that really doesn't exist on a significant scale. That is why we hear them and the MEDIA pushing the WHITE NATIONALIST mantra. This is a way to call Whites racist, and White Supremacists. Nationalism is Patriotism, not Racism. Don't believe the Democrats nor their Media.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:54 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Political demographer @epkaufm shows in data that it is white American leftists, not black people, who view racism as an omnipresent issue in the US.
According to the pinko NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/o...ica-trump.html
Since you believe that the left is obsessed with racism, why is it that almost every single thread about racism and racist topics are started by far right extremists?

I think the reality is that far right extremists are obsessed with liberal issues, and more than that, despise liberals to the point that there is not even any logic to these threads.

I don't give a crap about political correctness. I am a liberal.

You appear to be much more concerned with who is concerned about PC and who is not, rather than any substantial issue. This is an issue like Seinfeld--it is about nothing.

Pinko? Honestly--what is with the reprisal of the cold war? I thought you guys all love Putin--head Commie/Pinko.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies