Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:04 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
We see a picture of a check Trump made out. Now let's see the picture of the cancelled check so we know that DHS actually got the money. I mean, hell, I could write a check for $10 million bucks to my favorite charity (ASPCA) and post a picture of it and that wouldn't mean diddly. Just like Trump's phony check to the DHS. I swear, Trump's Chumps will believe anything.
Absolutely.

Kind of scary.

Worse, it's scary that a sitting president tweets that he donated to an entity that can't take donations.

A little bit like a guy who pulls out a hundred dollar bill and pretends he actually was trying to buy the cup of lemonade from the neighbor kid's stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 09:07 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
The problem with Trump is, he is like the boy who cried wolf too many times. Everything Trump does has an ulterior motive behind it, and we have become suspicious of everything he does because of that habit of his. Even when he makes a half hour speech about something, the first 5 minutes are about the problem, and the last 25 are about how great he is and how well he is doing.

Hate to be cynical, but the guy is just a shady, dishonest bum.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:09 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Absolutely.

Kind of scary.

Worse, it's scary that a sitting president tweets that he donated to an entity that can't take donations.

A little bit like a guy who pulls out a hundred dollar bill and pretends he actually was trying to buy the cup of lemonade from the neighbor kid's stand.
Trump has spent his entire adult business life breaking laws, rules and code.

He will not let a little thing like the law prevent him from PR and photo ops.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:11 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The problem with Trump is, he is like the boy who cried wolf too many times. Everything Trump does has an ulterior motive behind it, and we have become suspicious of everything he does because of that habit of his. Even when he makes a half hour speech about something, the first 5 minutes are about the problem, and the last 25 are about how great he is and how well he is doing.

Hate to be cynical, but the guy is just a shady, dishonest bum.
Yep.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:11 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
. It is ALWAY s someone elses money.
That would be Barry to the point of breaking taxpayers backs to support terrorist countries.

Anyway, President Trump is known for his generosity. He is appreciated for it. Those with selfish agendas used him when they needed something yet turned his back on him when he ran for President. They will get their comeuppance when all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:13 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
GEEZ Trump can't do anything without getting dumped on.

He donates money and makes a big deal about it.. what politician doesn't make a show out of doing something positive for the spin? If they don't say it directly the good deed is "leaked".

Trump could rip up the Second amendment, ban all guns in the US and force everyone to turn what they have in for destruction (the Lefts dream) and the big news at CNN would be that Trump destroyed the American tradition of the shooting sports.

Trump could open the border and invite everyone into America to become citizens and the Left would complain that the fragile eco system of the desert was destroyed in the stampede....

They just can't give him credit for anything.
Look up the rules for "donating" to a government entity then get back to me. I give him lots of credit for being a con man.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:16 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Libs love taxes. Why don't they donate?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...71030385426432

And how much have you donated to DHS?

Old 03-19-2019, 09:19 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
That would be Barry to the point of breaking taxpayers backs to support terrorist countries.

Anyway, President Trump is known for his generosity. He is appreciated for it. Those with selfish agendas used him when they needed something yet turned his back on him when he ran for President. They will get their comeuppance when all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed.
Right. That's why he was forced to shut down his charitable organization. Because he was so generous. To himself.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:22 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Remember when he held a rally for the vets and bragged about how much money he raised, but had to be hounded for months before he actually turned that money over to the organizations he pretended to fundraise for? If the media hadn't followed up on it he would have pocketed those donations, which I have no doubt was his intent all along.

Yeah, not buying that any money actually changed hands until I see the cancelled check. The man lies the way the rest of us draw breath.
Oh yeah it was a redo of the Trump Foundation. Real donations intended for humanitarian etc....and he uses it to pay Don Jr.s Boyscout fees. And on and on and on
International joke.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:22 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post

Examples, please .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies