Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 12:05 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one's demonizing him for giving.

We're saying he didn't.
You would be wrong. Even politifact deems it True.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 12:25 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
BS. Trump's profits from his business interests far outweigh his presidential salary. Trump is lining his own pockets like no president has ever done before. And let's see those tax returns. Then we can see how much he's given to charity over the years. You don't suppose that the fact that he has given very little (if anything) is one reason he won't release his tax info do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one's demonizing him for giving.

We're saying he didn't.

Proof?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Mueller?

Old 03-19-2019, 12:33 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Doubtful. Where did I say it was a bad thing? In typical Trump fashion he did it for praise not because he was being generous.
Irrespective of whether it is about you or not, your question about Trump and a cookie still elicited a laugh from me.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Since you are making the claim that it's false.. the ball is in your court.

The witness said he made the donation with a picture of the check. Prove that - or any other of his salary donations - is false.
Trump made the initial claim...it's up to Trump to prove it. Post strategically blocked out/blurred cancellation info/a stamp.

It's not up to that poster to prove that Trump didn't.

And no, no one who has lied as much as Trump has deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Trump made the initial claim...it's up to Trump to prove it. Post strategically blocked out/blurred cancellation info/a stamp.

It's not up to that poster to prove that Trump didn't.

And no, no one who has lied as much as Trump has deserves the benefit of the doubt.
It is a known fact that he is given away his salary every quarter. As I said up thread, even Politifact marks this as true.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It is a known fact that he is given away his salary every quarter. As I said up thread, even Politifact marks this as true.
And that is a big deal in exchange for how much he has stolen and manipulated utilizing the office of the presidency? Are you for real?

Donald Trump is raking in big bucks from emoluments foreign and domestic.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...count-the-ways

Old 03-19-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Actually, in NY, he's known for being stingy and only spending money on himself. I bet you the Obamas have donated more cash to charities, in addition to their time, than Trump ever has.

"...Back in April, Fahrenthold and Rosalind S. Helderman reported that they couldn’t find a single cash donation to charity that Trump personally had made over the previous five years.

...The Trump campaign had provided the newspaper with a list of donations made by the candidate, but many turned out to be gifts-in-kind from Trump’s businesses, such as free rounds of golf at Trump courses donated to charity auctions, and land-conservation agreements to forgo development rights on Trump-owned properties..."

The only cash donations were from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, the family charity that Trump established in 1988. But the Post also pointed out that Trump hadn’t given any of his own money to the Trump Foundation since 2008..."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-...ritable-giving
I think it's likely that one of the most self defeating things about Trump is that he's never stepped outside of himself, so to speak, and examined his relationship with his father compared to others or to what's healthy. He's never done that, which might be a step toward using his privilege for more good, and might help unlock true happiness for him. Others from similar circumstances, with similar dynamics with their fathers, may have tried and been largely unsuccessful re such examinations....but I wonder if Trump has even attempted such. He seems, to me, to lack the introspection to ever do so.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:16 PM

For the first time ever, I did not vote for president as I could not in good conscience vote for either candidate. That said, watching the incessant childish tantrums and pure hatred oozing out of every pore of some fellow citizens saddens me. I would not want to go through life as such a miserable, bitter and angry person. We don’t always get what we want but a presidency only lasts four years, at most eight. smh

Old 03-19-2019, 01:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
So Trump is giving 400K away -- getting a tax right off.

He probably use to give that much money to charity for tax credits etc...anyways.....

Trump doubled the fees to Mar A Lago after he became President. He's doing okay. (just one example of how Trump has made money off of being a President).

Old 03-19-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Okay. My bad. I haven't read the whole thread. If Politifact (certainly not a Pro-Trump organization) says it is true re Trump, then that is good enough for me....and, IMO, should be good enough for other cynics.

ETA: I just checked, and I hadn't gotten to that upthread post you referred to yet. The previous post I replied to was partway down page 5, I had read the first 4 pages and half of page 5, and your upthread post is on page 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies