Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 11:10 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In my experiences, ghetto Blacks aren't that much worse than rednecks. I've been physically assaulted by individuals who fit both stereotypes. In fact, ghetto culture is really redneck culture transplanted to urban settings.

And no, I don't want anyone acting in that manner. I have a problem with someone singling out Black people as if only Blacks get out of control and crazy. I don't want to be around the ghetto subculture, and I have no respect for redneck culture either. I have a problem with people using this thread an an opportunity to complain about Black people as a whole.
The only place I have witnessed the red neck culture is in the south. I live in Pa so I am not exposed to it. And I want no part of either culture.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:26 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
The only place I have witnessed the red neck culture is in the south. I live in Pa so I am not exposed to it. And I want no part of either culture.
I live in the South. I grew up about 30 miles west of Atlanta. There are some places where Confederate flags still fly from people's porches. Living where I did showed me that redneck culture has some similarities to ghetto culture. Got a taste of racist behavior from individuals who adhered to redneck culture.

And there are rednecks in Pennsylvania. I know someone who spent some time in PA, notably the central part. Maybe they aren't around the PGH region, but in other parts.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I live in the South. I grew up about 30 miles west of Atlanta. There are some places where Confederate flags still fly from people's porches. Living where I did showed me that redneck culture has some similarities to ghetto culture. Got a taste of racist behavior from individuals who adhered to redneck culture.

And there are rednecks in Pennsylvania. I know someone who spent some time in PA, notably the central part. Maybe they aren't around the PGH region, but in other parts.
Maybe the rural areas, but what you consider rednecks in Pa. are different from the south. I grew up and lived most of my life in the suburbs of the Pgh area, so I wasn't exposed to the redneck culture, although I have been exposed to the black ghetto culture and don't care for it one bit. I steer clear of it.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:18 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,963,757 times
So was the violent guy charged with anything?

Old 03-21-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Maybe the rural areas, but what you consider rednecks in Pa. are different from the south. I grew up and lived most of my life in the suburbs of the Pgh area, so I wasn't exposed to the redneck culture, although I have been exposed to the black ghetto culture and don't care for it one bit. I steer clear of it.
Well, the friend I got this information from, he went to Pennsylvania and checked some places out. Where he found rednecks at in Pennsylvania was in the areas outside of Harrisburg.

My point is this. Of course you wouldn't have any experiences with rednecks. You were in the Greater PGH area. More specifically, the suburbs. And there something I know about Pittsburgh. It has one of the poorest Black populations in the USA. I also know that in the Atlanta area, I've met more Black Pennsylvanians from Pittsburgh than Philadelphia, despite Philly being much bigger. My guess is that the educated among Pittsburgh's Black population are leaving for greener pastures. I notice that is never considered. You might want to ask why the educated and hardworking among the Black population are trying to leave, but the ghetto types stay.

I, however, have plenty of experiences with rednecks. I went to school with rednecks. I dealt with racist bigots in high school. I learned they could be kind of violent. I also noticed something else. The rednecks were the ones who seemed to be very nonchalant about school. They were the ones who really didn't want to leave. Or some of them did leave, for more rural areas. The county I went to high school in is the westernmost outskirts of the Atlanta metropolitan area, and subdivisions have been built out there like crazy. I've had experiences with ghetto Blacks, or rather, the wannabe ghetto types. I don't like them either. I got jumped by a few of those types.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:23 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Trump have most definitely emboldened the racist people to be open about their racism. The divider in chief.
Oh surely. Conservatives are so violent. While 73% of federal prison inmates describe themselves as Democrats. Based on hate crime rate convictions the most violent racists happen to be black. FBISTATS, USDOJ.

TDS can be cured.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Oh surely. Conservatives are so violent. While 73% of federal prison inmates describe themselves as Democrats. Based on hate crime rate convictions the most violent racists happen to be black. FBISTATS, USDOJ.

TDS can be cured.
ipaper wasn't even talking about violence.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:30 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Oh well, some people behaved badly in a country with 330million people.

Meanwhile, the airconditioning guy just left the place where I'm staying and he was a cool dude and we got along great despite *gasp* falling differently on the Sherwin Williams paint chart.

I'd ask that we not ascribe an over-importance to the behaviors of some of the worst as somehow representing the rest of us.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Well, the friend I got this information from, he went to Pennsylvania and checked some places out. Where he found rednecks at in Pennsylvania was in the areas outside of Harrisburg.

My point is this. Of course you wouldn't have any experiences with rednecks. You were in the Greater PGH area. More specifically, the suburbs. And there something I know about Pittsburgh. It has one of the poorest Black populations in the USA. I also know that in the Atlanta area, I've met more Black Pennsylvanians from Pittsburgh than Philadelphia, despite Philly being much bigger. My guess is that the educated among Pittsburgh's Black population are leaving for greener pastures. I notice that is never considered. You might want to ask why the educated and hardworking among the Black population are trying to leave, but the ghetto types stay.

I, however, have plenty of experiences with rednecks. I went to school with rednecks. I dealt with racist bigots in high school. I learned they could be kind of violent. I also noticed something else. The rednecks were the ones who seemed to be very nonchalant about school. They were the ones who really didn't want to leave. Or some of them did leave, for more rural areas. The county I went to high school in is the westernmost outskirts of the Atlanta metropolitan area, and subdivisions have been built out there like crazy. I've had experiences with ghetto Blacks, or rather, the wannabe ghetto types. I don't like them either. I got jumped by a few of those types.
As far as being poor goes, it depends on where you are talking about. The area where I live blacks are mostly middle class, but as I have always said pertaining to blacks, "where the good go, the bad seem to follow and try to ruin anything good"

Old 03-21-2019, 04:14 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
As far as being poor goes, it depends on where you are talking about. The area where I live blacks are mostly middle class, but as I have always said pertaining to blacks, "where the good go, the bad seem to follow and try to ruin anything good"
Have you ever listened to R Kelly song called "Fiesta"? In that particular song he said he meet bird named Tasha from the burbs, and he took the hood and moved it to the burbs. What you said is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies