Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 12:54 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
True. Blacks use it out in public often.
Actually, the person who called me that word wasn't Black, so you can knock it off with your gaslight remarks.

If all you want to do is complain about Black people, go find another thread or start your own thread.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:56 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
"A black Burger King employee who went on a racist rant against a Hispanic couple she assumed was white didn't have it her way after she was terminated from her fast food job last month."
But still. Her racist remarks shows that she was being negative towards white people. If anything. She was terminated from a dead end job that was not going anywhere.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:57 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
"A black Burger King employee who went on a racist rant against a Hispanic couple she assumed was white didn't have it her way after she was terminated from her fast food job last month."
That happens. There are some Blacks who don't like Hispanic persons. There are also Hispanic persons who don't like Blacks. I've personally dealt with a few Hispanic persons who said some racially charged things against me. It goes both ways.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:00 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, the person who called me that word wasn't Black, so you can knock it off with your gaslight remarks.

If all you want to do is complain about Black people, go find another thread or start your own thread.

So you're ok with blacks using the term but not others. Shocking. Perhaps you can write a book as to which races can use certain terms and explain why. I don't need to start another thread. I like this one just fine. Surely you can deal with it.

Why should it be ok ok for blacks to use that term while losing it when others use it? Should I be able to use it out in public as a term of endearment?

Old 03-20-2019, 01:04 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,042 times
So let’s hear how some of you rationalize the spitting part.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:04 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
[quote=Bronxguyanese;54729905]But still. Her racist remarks shows that she was being negative towards white people. If anything. She was terminated from a dead end job that was not going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

It still was a job regardless of how you describe it. She was working that job, I guess she needed to work. And if you need to work, you can't be picky about where you are working if you have kids to take care of. Now it's going to be a little bit harder for her to find any job right now.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:05 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Wow! You just summed up, succinctly, how blacks are viewed in America. Think about it. The last 40 years is akin to when people turn on their cell phone camera and start recording events like this. What is missing from the recording, and needed for understanding, is the previous 300 years. Yet, when black people try to talk about what happened before, it's disparaged as "living in the past", "the blame game" or a "victim mentality".

When there is a video showing whites behaving badly.....whites always want to know what happened before that explains it. When blacks behave badly.....whites just think its our nature and think talk of things that happened before is simply "excuses" and a "victim mentality". Ergo, blacks behaving socioeconomically and behaviorally badly today, captured in video statistically.....deserves looking into the past to explain it......just like people want to know what set off this white ladies tirade and will not just accept that as being her "nature".
In instances like this I want to know what happened during the same incident, not what happened to their ancestors.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:11 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Quote:
So you're ok with blacks using the term but not others. Shocking. Perhaps you can write a book as to which races can use certain terms and explain why. I don't need to start another thread. I like this one just fine. Surely you can deal with it.

Why should it be ok ok for blacks to use that term while losing it when others use it? Should I be able to use it out in public as a term of endearment?
The thing I learned as a first generation American is that the greatest ally for the Black American is the white liberal, and at times the white conservative. Why do I say this? Is that the white liberal and at times the white conservative allow black Americans to say what ever they want. But when it comes to anyone else, if such people say something out of line, your life, livelihood or way of life will be over. A good example of such is the Convington incident in which pro-black Israelites made racial/bigoted/homophobic remarks towards the Native American, and to the Covington Catholic teens. News media, SJWS, conscious woke communities did not give black Israelites flak, even after the truth was discovered. The white liberal and the white conservative makes up such rules via courts of public opinions, or agree to such terms with black people. One example is never to critique or challenge and educated black woman. If one does than he is a racists, sexist or bigot. While we as a society ask for true equality, those that be do not want true equally especially those who are oppressed, and feel that oppressed peoples opinion is paramount and free to say whatever they want. If that's the case, lets ask oppressed, marginalized victimized people to yell fire in a theater. Will SJW's defend such person of color?

Like I said before. Nothing wrong with White liberals allowing black folks to say what they want in the eyes of the court of public opinion. Sadly such rules do not work in real court of justice.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
In instances like this I want to know what happened during the same incident, not what happened to their ancestors.
https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticu...ore/1858393164

Hear it out.

First she calls the wrong police station, then gets rude with the LE Officer, then tries some sympathy until the LE officer asks her to FO.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:13 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
These racist rants are all over YouTube. Just type in racist rants and tons of video from all over the place are posted there. They are much worst since Trump have been in office, it's like people are bold with their racist views with him in office. They hear the dog whistles, and code words coming from the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies