Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 04:52 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
What?
Exactly what I was going to say.

"Grande is pro-gun reform and performed at the March for Our Lives, she’s aligned herself with Black Lives Matter and she’s been anti-Trump long before the election. When asked about fellow pop stars who hide their political inclinations, Grande told Ellethis , “That’s wild to me,” and said that though she’s gotten backlash for her progressive values, she won’t stop sharing them."

https://hellogiggles.com/news/ariana...eral-politics/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 04:54 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
What happens when you play it backwards?

Old 03-20-2019, 04:57 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,742 times
The political use of terms left and right originated on who sat on the president's left or right in French politics. Nothing more. I could see snowflakes hating the term "right wing" though. A parakeet has a right wing.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:00 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Is this a joke?

Old 03-20-2019, 05:00 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
No, I'm not suggesting that she be censored, except perhaps on the public airwaves, where the FCC has a say.

What I am saying is that this beautiful and talented songstress could be "song-shamed" so to speak. She helped write the lyrics herself in this case, which makes it even worse.
Then you are promoting her censorship because you don't agree with her message...

Her visual attractiveness has no bearing and reading the words I don't see any political leaning just the usual vapid garbage that millennials come up. Your drinking too much Kool-Aid..

Old 03-20-2019, 05:19 PM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
What happens when you play it backwards?
You hear the entire seven part suite of Rush's 2112.

Anyway, why is it ok this chick is tryin to look and sound black but before tropical spray tan and whatever else they did to transform her, she was white as Taylor Swift. This should be appropriation or something.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:43 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
As I've tried to point out on many occasions, conservatism (which, judging from many of the polls conducted on C-D, is favored by about 1/2 of the membership) is not monolithic; it encompasses everything from the religious dictates of James Dobson, through the Establishment positions of the late William Buckley, to the agnosticism of the late Ayn Rand. My personal estimate is that strongly-religious conservatives make up no more than 1/3 of the movement; in my home community, which went 3-to-1 for Donald Trump in 2016 (I voted for Johnson, BTW) CMT (Country Music Television) is a lot more popular than CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network).

But not so in either the prejudices of the Leftist clique who seek to dominate this site, nor the Snowflakes and teenyboppers to whom they seek to spoon-feed their doctrine. To them, every non-"progressive/liberal" is a closeted Klansman. Nazi, or white nationalist and attacks on their (the Left's) activities (the last I can immediately recall was in Charlottesville, nearly two years ago) are an everyday occurrence.

Except among the most doctrinal of the Christian Right, most conservatives are united by a logically-grounded set of principles -- the central feature of which is that personal, expressionary and economic freedoms are unitary and indivisible; you cannot tamper with one without jeopardizing the rest. So-called "liberalism", however, is little more than a crazy-quilt collection of warm-and-fuzzy platitudes, which tend to change according to whatever issue draws the most sentiment from a disproportionately-young, over-sensitiesed and impressionable "target market".

Keep spewing, you over there in left field; much of your audience will disappear as soon as adult responsibility displaces youthful naivete'; But Mr. Barnum's observation about a sucker born every minute will probably keep you in business.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-20-2019 at 07:57 PM..

Old 03-20-2019, 06:47 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,071 times
I stopped reading after “hip hop”’artist Ariana.... since when did she become a hip hop artist ?? 😂

Old 03-20-2019, 06:48 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

And there's that catch-all and cop-out term "right-wing" again.

Please be honest enough to define what you seek to demonize!

LOL!!!! No, that would be an exercise in never ending pointlessness.

To quote Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewar: You know it when you see it. That's good enough for the Supreme Court and it should be good enough for this forum.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:04 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
LOL!!!! No, that would be an exercise in never ending pointlessness.
"
To quote Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart (sic): You know it when you see it. That's good enough for the Supreme Court and it should be good enough for this forum..
The words you cite are, indeed, attributable to the late Justice Stewart, but they were used to define "obscenity" (whatever the New Puritans take it to be), and not what the not-so-"liberals" seek to silence as "hate speech" -- according to their absolutes, and their absolutes alone.

From Wikipedia:

The phrase was used in 1964 by United States Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart to describe his threshold test for obscenity in Jacobellis v. Ohio. ... Though "I know it when I see it" is widely cited as Stewart's test for "obscenity", he never used the word "obscenity" himself in his short concurrence.
I know it when I see it - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_it_when_I_see_it

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-20-2019 at 07:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies