Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2019, 05:53 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,457,449 times

Advertisements

I see it in Denver too, police do not have authority to remove homelessness. It’s tough because I feel bad for these people, but they shouldn’t be allowed to live on the street either.

Many of these people need medical help, that they cannot get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 05:56 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,412,457 times
I lived in Seattle in the early nineties, a Georgia boy out of his element. It was a great city, lots to do, restaurants, bookstores, bars, Pike Place Market. It's cloudy and rainy for much of the year, but summer is dry and sunny. I can see though why what's happening is happening; the seeds were there back then. Aggressive homeless people would accost locals and tourists in broad daylight. Loony leftism was the game. The worst thing I saw was after the first verdict in the Rodney King trial when rioting spread to other cities. The mayor Norm Rice told the police to back off and let the people go crazy (space to destroy, even then).

Old 03-23-2019, 05:59 AM

19,987 posts, read 8,888,037 times
when the rich liberals finally run the last lower/middle class residents out of the city, their job will be complete.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,127,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's not just Seattle. The Democrats destroy everything they touch, and most major cities have extreme blight.
How are the Democrats responsible for the decline in Seattle and i guess most other American cities? IMO America is dying as a whole and no amount of chanting MAGA is going to stop the steady decline in morality and cultural values. The American dream is dead.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:24 AM

34,173 posts, read 18,460,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
How are the Democrats responsible for the decline in Seattle and i guess most other American cities? IMO America is dying as a whole and no amount of chanting MAGA is going to stop the steady decline in morality and cultural values. The American dream is dead.

America is not dying. Get out of the ghetto areas of cities and go to the suburbs, ex burns and rural areas if you want to see the vibrancy of the U.S. Democrat, Progressive policies of high taxes, and spending way too much money on the WRONG things destroys inner cities. Seattle is just a glaring example as is San Francisco, and many other cities.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:37 AM

30,020 posts, read 18,869,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Wow - great video - also checked out the Facebook page Seattle looks like s*** and it's videos which also has a lot of similar videos and news reports about the problems - and yet no one listens. It's too sad.
It does aggravate me to see that crap when I'm downtown Seattle...really all you have to do to avoid it is stay in Bellevue-Redmond-Kirkland (where I am right now)-Sammamish-bothell-Woodinville-Issaquah and you're fine.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:44 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,815,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
This is a disturbing and eye opening documentary on what has happened in one of the most beautiful cities in the world thanks to left wing politicians being in control. It's very well done and is not a diatribe in any way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=bpAi70WWBlw

I really like the Medication Assisted Treatment program BUT genuinely and honestly think it could be combined with decriminalization of all drugs. HOWEVER... I do NOT see this as a democrat vs a republican issue because the republican argument is lock the drug users up, then when they get out, they are still addicts, just addicts that haven't used for a while. The MAT program is a good start AND it can happen both in prisons as well as out in public... But if you really watch the two videos I've posted regarding Portugal's decriminalization of all drugs, you'll see that decriminalization of peoples' choice to use drugs removes the excitement factor of using drugs, especially from teens, which tends to drive down the overall usage of teens. Maybe not the one time use, but the overall use, the past year use and the past month use, not just of teens but of adults as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV82AgxqEJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0HH1h-y78Y

Last edited by KS_Referee; 03-23-2019 at 07:33 AM..

Old 03-23-2019, 06:53 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,815,106 times
BTW OP, thank you for posting the video. Yes, I watched the entire hour of it. Thank you.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:59 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,581,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
This is a disturbing and eye opening documentary on what has happened in one of the most beautiful cities in the world thanks to left wing politicians being in control. It's very well done and is not a diatribe in any way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=bpAi70WWBlw
WOW !!! Dems have turned Seattle into a S-HOL !!!

Old 03-23-2019, 06:59 AM

2,692 posts, read 3,388,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
America is not dying. Get out of the ghetto areas of cities and go to the suburbs, ex burns and rural areas if you want to see the vibrancy of the U.S. Democrat, Progressive policies of high taxes, and spending way too much money on the WRONG things destroys inner cities. Seattle is just a glaring example as is San Francisco, and many other cities.
I live in /travel/visit rural NC , red NC , on a daily basis
and I have totally failed to find any of that vibrant republican American world you are envisioning.
There is a huge depression showing in those rural areas and
should those rural conservative folks figure out how to pick up
the trash around their homes one day it will be a good day.
I my opinion there is nothing to envy in these rural areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies