Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 08:02 AM

193 posts, read 69,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
From the letter:

"A school may not require transgender students to use facilities inconsistent with their gender identity or to use individual-user facilities when other students are not required to do so."

Emphasis mine. So the teachers are not supposed to "single out" the transgendered students.
I didn't say require them to use those bathrooms, I said allow them to use those bathrooms. How is giving them another option for bathrooms singling anyone out??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 08:05 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh, yay, a designated place for teenage oral sex at school - because that is exactly what will happen.

Seriously, how are you going to monitor it? As an adult female, I value living outside a penal institution too much to ever risk being in a restroom or locker room with a child or children who have body parts different than my own

The real solution is single user restroom facilities in every classroom. They’ve put them in most kindergarten classes, many special education classrooms, and quite a few primary classes. It is past time for them to be in every classroom. It would solve a multitude of discipline issues.
That’s exactly what I saying.

In the same area, they have separate restrooms for males and females that are marked as such - and then there is a third, single user restroom with a sign of a male and female put together.

You are not forced to use this third kind of restroom.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:15 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Locally a girl identifying as a male wanted to use the boys locker room and the school okayed it.(!) Some male students fought it and I think its still being kicked around in court but as far as I know its been okayed by the district and upheld by at least one lower court.
They had an option of changing in another area. This is in the Boyertown Pa school district.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Mental illness is a medical condition. It's depression, schizophrenia, anxiety, etc., things that can be treated. Gender confusion and homosexuality are not mental illnesses.

Grouping pedophilia in there is a blatant attempt to compare two entirely different things. You think it's clever, I presume. Pedophilia is not a mental illness and I don't think you really want it to be. It's a criminal act pure and simple and those freaks need to pay for their crimes, not spend time in an institution talking about their feelings.

The Mayo Clinic describes mental health this way

So the individual in this case may have depression or anxiety from his confusion or anxiety over how people react to him that he needs help with, but the possible mental illness here would not be his gender identity.

The link --

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20374968
Anyone who is confused about their gender has mental illness.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:21 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
I didn't say require them to use those bathrooms, I said allow them to use those bathrooms. How is giving them another option for bathrooms singling anyone out??
It’s special treatment. Boys are boys and girls are girls. Problem solved.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:26 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I can only speak for me, but I hope she wins the lawsuit. Some people want an either/or world eaning some posters in this thread want to end this "transgender nonsense" once and for all. There has to be some middle ground for kids who genuinely feel like they have been born into the wrong body. But I don't believe it is sharing the same bathroom. The girl has a right to change into where she feels comfortable. I don't pretend to hav the answers, but this isn't it.
Stop making sense. Making sense is discriminating! And evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It’s special treatment. Boys are boys and girls are girls. Problem solved.
Too simple. Read this (or try to. Gets into heavy duty weird pretty quick.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender

Yep they take that er stuff seriously.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:50 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Also from the "Dear Colleague" letter:

"A school may, however, make individual-user options available to all students who voluntarily seek additional privacy."

Emphasis mine. So a school MAY offer uncomfortable students a private bathroom to change or whatever, but they're not obligated to.

Even if they did, can you imagine the lines?
The point is that self-selected "transgenders" with no proof of the validity of their claim cannot be required to use an individual use school locker/shower room unless all students are required to do so.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:52 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Perhaps you can make an attempt to come up with a solution?
It's really not that difficult. If you have a penis, you change with other people with penises. If you have a vagina, you change with other people with vaginas.

Now, can we move along to important issues, instead of trying to justify boys in the girls locker room?

Old 03-21-2019, 08:57 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
From the letter:

"A school may not require transgender students to use facilities inconsistent with their gender identity or to use individual-user facilities when other students are not required to do so."

Emphasis mine. So the teachers are not supposed to "single out" the transgendered students.
The trannies have singled themselves out, not the school.

It's getting to the point where ALL the boys should claim they identify as girls and all the girls claim they identify as boys and just switch locker rooms. Get ahead of the stupid.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:03 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
The transgendered aren't looking to have a private changing room, they want to change with the girls. To merely be offered a separate room would be considered by the transgendered, their parents, and their lawyers, as being singled out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies