Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 05:56 PM

17,599 posts, read 6,890,573 times

Advertisements

LLCs and S Corps pay taxes on a Federal Tax ID number as opposed to an SSN all the time. Another garbage agenda-driven piece of fake news from vox, dutifully regurgitated by left wing millennials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 06:14 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times
Sarcasm: Another reason to fear robotic workers is the illegals and sweatshop-level paying workers won't be able to contribute so much to our economy. Won't someone think about those poor kids?

Old 03-21-2019, 06:23 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
What are the scenarios where people file for taxes without social security numbers that aren’t undocumented immigrants?
there are work visas that people can get that allows them to work here legally but they dont get a SS number. there are tax ID's that the IRS assigns to them. someone could be legally here and not necessarily working but earns some form of income. im not an expert, i know i have seen some people with tax ID's come through my office every now and then. i believe sometimes its a limited visa for work either for a specific company or through an educational program. they typically cant work for me with that but they have it to be able to report income.

im curious, do you actually believe that about half of illegals file tax returns? that just sounds silly right on the face of it.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:42 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
there are work visas that people can get that allows them to work here legally but they dont get a SS number. there are tax ID's that the IRS assigns to them. someone could be legally here and not necessarily working but earns some form of income. im not an expert, i know i have seen some people with tax ID's come through my office every now and then. i believe sometimes its a limited visa for work either for a specific company or through an educational program. they typically cant work for me with that but they have it to be able to report income.

im curious, do you actually believe that about half of illegals file tax returns? that just sounds silly right on the face of it.
No, I don’t believe it. I don’t even believe that the ones who actually do are reporting ALL their income. But let’s be clear here, not paying taxes is not something unique to illegal aliens. I would say half of all small business owners who take cash payments are drastically under reporting their revenue to the IRS. I’m not angered by them any more than I am by illegal immigrants.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:45 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Perhaps moving to a nation without laws would be more to your liking. Laws are in place to protect the innocent. Yes, the illegal aliens and their greedy employers are equally guilty of breaking the law and they both need to be held accountable. As I pointed out in my prior post it isn't just about Julio mowing lawns it's about the $100 billion a year that they cost us. Most illegals are working jobs that Americans use to do for a fair wage like construction and commercial landscaping jobs they aren't just mowing their neighbor's lawns.

They have created overcrowded conditions in our schools, hospitals, jails, roads and neighborhoods to. Why am I even telling you this as you apparently don't give a damn.

You acknowledge that I don’t give a damn yet you’re suggesting that I flee the country.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:48 PM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
the last I heard working people (American citizens) had to have a Social Security card in order to work ??

illegals use fake Social Security cards and names. if so, how would illegals collect social security if they

can't prove who they are when their i.d. is challenged by social security ???

if illegals have NO social security card, but pay taxes (so say the democrats) where does their

taxes go ?? What other B. S. does the democrats expound on ???
The Demonics don't care that illegals are going to kill America as long as they vote Demonic Rat.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:54 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
You acknowledge that I don’t give a damn yet you’re suggesting that I flee the country.
One thing has nothing to do with the other. If you don't believe in the rule of law then you should move to another country where innocent lives don't matter.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:16 AM

193 posts, read 69,023 times
But One Big Disclaimer Looms

There is no question that undocumented immigrants do pay some taxes. As the American Immigration Council correctly points out, sales taxes and property taxes as a component of rent are basically unavoidable, no matter a person's citizenship status. However, when the U.S. Census Bureau so emphatically states that illegal immigrants are the most difficult individuals for them to locate and count in the decennial census, any figure as elusive as the total taxes they pay must be considered a very rough estimate. In fact, the American Immigration Council acknowledges this fact by adding the following disclaimer:

"Of course, it is difficult to know precisely how much these families pay in taxes because the spending and income behavior of these families is not as well documented as is the case for U.S. citizens. But these estimates represent a sensible best approximation of the taxes these families likely pay."

https://www.thoughtco.com/illegal-im...imates-3321604

So basically they pay "taxes" just like the rest of us when they buy something and sales tax is added or through property tax but the rest are just guesses and assumptions as there is actually no way of accurately tracking it, go it that makes more sense, why didn't someone just say that in the first place

Old 03-22-2019, 07:28 AM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
But One Big Disclaimer Looms

There is no question that undocumented immigrants do pay some taxes. As the American Immigration Council correctly points out, sales taxes and property taxes as a component of rent are basically unavoidable, no matter a person's citizenship status. However, when the U.S. Census Bureau so emphatically states that illegal immigrants are the most difficult individuals for them to locate and count in the decennial census, any figure as elusive as the total taxes they pay must be considered a very rough estimate. In fact, the American Immigration Council acknowledges this fact by adding the following disclaimer:

"Of course, it is difficult to know precisely how much these families pay in taxes because the spending and income behavior of these families is not as well documented as is the case for U.S. citizens. But these estimates represent a sensible best approximation of the taxes these families likely pay."

https://www.thoughtco.com/illegal-im...imates-3321604

So basically they pay "taxes" just like the rest of us when they buy something and sales tax is added or through property tax but the rest are just guesses and assumptions as there is actually no way of accurately tracking it, go it that makes more sense, why didn't someone just say that in the first place
First off they aren't undocumented immigrants. According to our immigration laws they are illegal aliens. They never pay in enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs either. They also send billions back to their countries not spent in our economy. They are a net negative to our country in so many ways.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:33 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Where did they get that figure...they made it up.

That must be total remittances to all countries. Remittances were over $34B last year just to Mexico.
https://tradingeconomics.com/mexico/remittances

So the statement is technically not true but the point that illegals in the US are shipping out a boatload of money is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies