Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 03:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/03/2...-equality-act/

Climate change cannot possibly be real, but we are all supposed to believe that hurricanes are because God is angry at gay people and now Pat Robertson has predicted that the US will be nuked if the Equality Act passes. For those who aren't aware, the Equality Act would extend federal protections for things such as housing and employment to LGBT individuals. Yet, school shootings, poverty, healthcare, and children being locked in cages don't seem to matter much to the Christian Right.
Nuked by God?

I say let's do it! Pass it and see what happens to Robertson. Bet he's nuked first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 03:12 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
By convincing stupid people that he spoke for God. I recall when one 80 year old woman called him on his show to say that she was on a fixed income and could no longer afford her monthly 700 Club donation and he told this elderly lady to go out and get a job so the donations would not stop. I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

There's a sucker born every minute, and Robertson has been fleecing them for years.

I'm trying to remember when a modern Christian evangelist held a gun to someone's head, compelling them to believe or compelling them to give. History is filled with people of ALL faiths doing just that BUT modern Christianity, not so much.

So that 80 year old lady had a choice. I'm willing to wager she wouldn't go straight to hell if she stopped her monthly donations to the 700 Club AND I'm also willing to wager Pat Roberts NEVER suggested she would either.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:15 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
They aren't stupid remarks, they're bigoted, hateful, un-Christian remarks. And since Pat touts himself as a Christian, then yes, he absolutely should be judged by the words he uses to promote his so-called "Christianity."
Doesn't it seem like the guy is slightly or a lot demented? The things he says are so bizarre, and he acts like you are supposed to believe him. Most people swat away what he says like an annoying fly.

Zeus is sending down a lightning bolt if legislation is passed? Get the butterfly net.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Every educated conservative / libertarian with a knowledge of realpolitik has known for years that Pat Robertson is out of his mind. Only the Lefty manipulators and those whom they seek to lead around by the nose take this stuff seriously.
So leftys are sending him all that money?

Huh.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I'm trying to remember when a modern Christian evangelist held a gun to someone's head, compelling them to believe or compelling them to give. History is filled with people of ALL faiths doing just that BUT modern Christianity, not so much.

So that 80 year old lady had a choice. I'm willing to wager she wouldn't go straight to hell if she stopped her monthly donations to the 700 Club AND I'm also willing to wager Pat Roberts NEVER suggested she would either.
Your unwavering defense of a man who preys on gullible people using the wrath of God as his weapon in order to enrich himself is duly noted.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:21 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
They aren't stupid remarks, they're bigoted, hateful, un-Christian remarks. And since Pat touts himself as a Christian, then yes, he absolutely should be judged by the words he uses to promote his so-called "Christianity."
And he's been spouting the same crap for decades. Not an occasional lapse or slip of the tongue. It's who he is. And I'm surprised Trump didn't appoint him to a cabinet position. He's right up Trump's alley.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ever seen the tall good looking brunette lady doing all the numerology garbage? She's hilarious.

Well, Friday has 6 letters in it and we know that if we add January, the first month we get the number 7 and blah blah blah.

She's working the chalkboard furiously throughout her "dissertation". Pretty awesome stuff watching what is no better than witch-craft passing as Christianity.
Yep. They add all kinds of numbers up, and the result is always 666.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:38 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/03/2...-equality-act/

Climate change cannot possibly be real, but we are all supposed to believe that hurricanes are because God is angry at gay people and now Pat Robertson has predicted that the US will be nuked if the Equality Act passes. For those who aren't aware, the Equality Act would extend federal protections for things such as housing and employment to LGBT individuals. Yet, school shootings, poverty, healthcare, and children being locked in cages don't seem to matter much to the Christian Right.
Why are you afraid of frail, 88 year old Robertson? He has no power.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:39 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yep. They add all kinds of numbers up, and the result is always 666.
🔥 666 🔥

I’m convinced that I must send Pat a really big check so I don’t burn forever in some fiery underground world!

Old 03-21-2019, 03:42 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
🔥 666 🔥

I’m convinced that I must send Pat a really big check so I don’t burn forever in some fiery underground world!
$6.66 would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies