Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 10:13 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Back on this topic...

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employmen...yment-rate.htm

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-by-gdp-growth

https://seekingalpha.com/article/424...e-january-2019

Normally, when UE gets to 4%, it rockets back up.

That isn't happening.

As a result, real wages are finally increasing.

Most of those links did not really support a positive outlook, and even when positive, no where near what trump is selling.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 11:03 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,497,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The only bonds the democrats offer are bonds of economic slavery as they open up the safety net to anyone in the world who can get here.

Are you avoiding the Dow 25K thread b/c it proved your ideas wrong so many times ?

I really don't think you have the intelligence to comment. You look at one indicator, typically one that is a leading indicator of a bubble economy about to burst and extrapolate that the overall economy is doing great. The warning signs are flashing, the deficit is ballooning, the massive transfer of wealth has done nothing for the economy, job growth is stagnating, wages are flat, and the the idiot in the WH has absolutely no idea what he is doing and yet you still support this moron and his idiotic no-plan fuble along pretending all is well. It's truly sad, sad, sad.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:22 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperduel View Post
Let hope so for the wages. I personally know people who had to take a pay cut or was laid off. I got lucky with an almost $10k increase. Can't say the same for the people that I personally now.
I don't know what you or your friends do, but I'm in industrial maintenance and we can't keep people because they keep getting picked off by other companies.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:23 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Most of those links did not really support a positive outlook, and even when positive, no where near what trump is selling.

What would better look like?

Old 03-23-2019, 01:07 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
What would better look like?
One was only on an upward trend because the numbers in 2017 fell so low.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-23-2019, 01:22 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I read entire article, sure about the three exclamation points? 0.2% uptick is not much to hang on to. The Midwest flooding and Boeing issues could mess that up. I think cautiously optimistic would be my feeling right now, getting a little nervous.
It's the best Trump's tariffs can do.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The economy is expanding while others are contracting. If we were like other economy's we would be going south but thanks to Trumponomics we are not. As much as the anti-Trumpers would like, they can't dispute that. They can cheer when a market goes down, and they do, some even wish for it but the fact is the US is holding up better than many, many others. Trumponomcs is a winner !!!
It's a global economy we're in. When other major economies are contracting, it can't be of much help to our own.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yield curve recession indicator flashes red as 10-year yield falls below 3-month yield

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/yi...eld-2019-03-22

On a positive note, existing home sales were up....
The fed doesn't want to raise interest rates. Maybe not doing that will prevent a recession, despite the bad yield curve recession indicator. How are other indicators doing that forecast recessions?

Old 03-23-2019, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Millions more voted for Hillary over Trump. America wanted Hillary.

Saying Obama is the worst president just shows how completely detached from reality your posts are.

It's amazing how easily some people forgive Bush II for being there for two recessions and an unnecessary war in Iraq.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:04 AM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Back on this topic...

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employmen...yment-rate.htm

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-by-gdp-growth

https://seekingalpha.com/article/424...e-january-2019

Normally, when UE gets to 4%, it rockets back up.

That isn't happening.

As a result, real wages are finally increasing.
Wages have increased but middle class wages are still stagnant, some of the lower percentiles have increased because of the dreaded elevation of the minimum wage. The middle class continues to be left behind but the top income brackets are doing fabulously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies