Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 05:49 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders

quote: This is what real action to stop gun violence looks like. We must follow New Zealand's lead, take on the NRA and ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons in the United States
Bernie just lost his re-election bid in VT.

He was cute up to this point and tolerated as an odd character.

His Brooklyn born roots are showing and his latest call to ban semi auto guns makes him unelectable in VT next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 05:54 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
If Bernie does win his next election in VT, real estate prices will shoot through the roof in Maine and NH.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:13 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220
Maybe because we don't feel like getting shot and killed by some psycho, you maybe think that has something to do with it?

Come on guys, answer the question. If we already have laws against killing , thousands of Federal firearms laws, gun free zones, etc... what do you have to worry about ? Can you answer me that ?
Okay, looks like these questions still have not been answered. Why ? Come on anti gun people...

Old 03-23-2019, 06:24 AM

673 posts, read 465,525 times
burnie............communist clown

Old 03-23-2019, 06:43 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Another example of Democrats having absolutely no idea what they're doing.

If you want to meet in the middle and talk about fair, reasonable compromise on gun law/gun control, I am all years. But for Sanders to just come out and say all rifles should be banned like what NZ is doing, any chance you MAY have had of pulling in independents and RINOs who don't like Trump just went out the window.

In a "must-win" election for the dems to save this country from a bumbling idiot, they are going to need all the votes they can muster. And rolling out these extremely liberal ideas like banning rifles and beginning a confiscation process....you're not going to win.

Democrats....THINK.
I agree with you, but a big issue for the Dems now is that everyone knows this is what they want, unless they specifically come out and state otherwise. For some people, they want the same thing, so they're all 'rah-rah' about the idea. Like you said, though, they're not going to pull in any additional support.

I used to vote pretty straight D, and would like to consider it again. I do think we need some kind of healthcare overhaul, and Republicans have forgotten what fiscal conservative actually means, not to mention the idiotic wars and military conflicts they love. BUT... until the D's get off this bandwagon, they won't have my vote, and I won't write in my vote like I did last time. Assuming he's still around and running, I'll be voting for Trump. He's far from my first choice, but no Dem other than Joe Manchin (at least with any name recognition) is trustworthy when it comes to protecting the 2nd Amendment.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:55 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Just look at who wants to DISARM only the law abiding citizens. All Democrats and their liars in the MEDIA. You don't hear them talking about making sentences longer and mandatory for violent crime, and crimes committed by criminals using guns in crime. No, they don't talk about that. All they want are gun bans, and gun confiscations in which only the law abiding comply.

If the Democrats are able to eventually pass yet more gun control laws over and above the already 22,000 gun laws on the books in this country you will see mass civil disobedience, and non compliance like you see in states like NY, CT, and CA that have passed illegal gun laws.

Last edited by Pilot1; 03-23-2019 at 07:28 AM..

Old 03-23-2019, 07:00 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
How on earth can you be so removed from reality to actually believe that rubbish?
Is it really that unbelievable when you can get arrested for a Facebook post in that buggered, nanny-state?

Old 03-23-2019, 07:03 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
There is a reason that he looks like a bumbling, mad scientist.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:07 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Is it really that unbelievable when you can get arrested for a Facebook post in that buggered, nanny-state?
Anyone with even an ounce of common sense would find it unbelievable. Anyone else would just spend 3 seconds researching before making a fool of themselves.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:11 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
So... if the shooter was a leftist, how exactly is that supposed to hurt Trump but not hurt fellow radicals like Bernie Sanders? The only thing they guy said he liked about Trump was that the media portrayed him as a white separatist.
If the left is now embracing violent ideology, racism and bigotry, why would anyone listen to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies