Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 09:06 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Homogeneous population, which speaks four different languages

Heck, in US we see heads explode when someone speaks Spanish.

How does the US land size make such system impossible?

However, you are missing the obvious point, because we are not comparing the countries land size, population size or skin colors. We are comparing the healthcare systems.
yeah, all white people's languages, right?

I've been to Switzerland when I was stationed in Germany with the Army. Never seen so many blond hair, blue eyes white people in my life before I visited Switzerland.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:07 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
The interesting thing here is that the Swizz system and ACA are practically identocal,.....-
Incorrect. Not even close.

And we have given you a number of reasons why they are not similar AT ALL.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:12 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Any system based on private insurance will be pricey, but the Swizz system is not as pricey as the US one. They spend less as % of GDP.

We could reduce costs, but that too falls flat due to partisan bickering.
Agreed. If not for that vindictive, petty little man named McCain casting the deciding vote to not repeal the AVA, our health care system would actually start getting better. But alas, we are stuck with the failed ACA.

Switzerland is not very diverse in population which is 94% white. It has a total population close to that of New York city, but with only 1/10th the number of illegal immigrants.

If we in the US were to get rid of 90% of our illegal immigrant population, that would be an enormous relief to our strained social welfare system. Then we can take another look at our health care costs.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Might be right on that.

You might want to mention that the Swiss systems is fairly new.
So is ACA. Pretty much any system can be made to work if people are willing to make it work.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Oh, its back to "white man is superior" argument..... what a surprise.

Quote:
I've been to Switzerland when I was stationed in Germany with the Army. Never seen so many blond hair, blue eyes white people in my life before I visited Switzerland.
I know that is not true, having been to Germany, Switzerland and Nordic countries. Being so far South, and close to Italy, they don't have that many blondes there.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-22-2019 at 09:26 AM..

Old 03-22-2019, 09:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Oh, its back to skin colors..... what a surprise.

I know that is not true, having been to Germany, Switzerland and Nordic countries.

Son, your topic has failed. You are simply shilling for the the failed Obamacare as much as you loath to admit it.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:20 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

Ha, now languages are raciest . What no Ebonics ?

Old 03-22-2019, 09:26 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Son, your topic has failed. You are simply shilling for the the failed Obamacare as much as you loath to admit it.

I can put up with vastly differing opinions. I can even put up with ignorance, but I can't handle dishonesty, especially from Far Leftists.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:28 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
So is ACA. Pretty much any system can be made to work if people are willing to make it work.
My point was more that a European country actually had no universal health care until fairly recently. That in itself is very interesting.

The ACA is was the right concept, but was poorly constructed and executed and was forced to compete with our other government programs- Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.

I think it the right starting point and some other conservatives agree as well. Once you have your opponents hooked, you reel them in.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:34 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,179,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Switzerland is one of wealthiest countries in the world, it doesn't have the poverty or social problems that parts of the rest of the world have, if it did it's system would be even more expensive than the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Remember this is a nation of bankers, and the entire country is smaller in population than NYC.

It's not wealthy because of bankers and cow herders. It is wealthy because it's a leading industrial country with both basic and high tech sectors. Example: Caltrain is electrifying the tracks between San Jose and San Francisco. They've already ordered replacement train sets from Stadler Rail Group of Bussnang, Switzerland. There are no US companies in that business anymore.

Take a train cab ride between St. Gallen in far eastern Switzerland and Zurich and note the industry along the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaP9NItoqaM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies