Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2019, 12:10 PM

19,690 posts, read 10,028,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No I didn't.

You can grow poppies and it is legal to do so. They grow flowers and pods and more seeds.

Now...if you are saying that Big Brother doesn't allow you to ingest the stuff after you grow it...you have a partial point. But you are allowed to purchase poppy seeds in bulk and eat them.

It's part of the weird Big Brother thing....they want to be able to arrest you when you brew a solution from the seeds or pods. Really strange...I assume I can grow Tabbaco or Grapes and even make my own wine...

Of course, as other has mentioned it doesn't pay to grow many things because others do it better. But this illustrates how silly it is to attempt to control minds and bodies.
You can make your own wine, but it is a felony to make homemade whiskey. Crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 12:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,610,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
There are no atheists in hell.

Cannabis use is more dangerous than alcohol for your brain :

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/healt...udy/index.html
1. I'd say heavy daily use of stronger booze types is quite harmful...in so many ways. I don't see where it compares a similar test, making your statement just an opinion.

2. If you read the article, you would have seen parts like:

"McGuire and his co-researchers found that adding CBD to regular antipsychotic medication reduced psychotic symptoms in patients with schizophrenia" - what that says is that it HELPS reduce problems, not that it causes them!

"if volunteers are given CBD beforehand, this blocks the induction of psychotic symptoms by THC," said McGuire"

This is why Science and legalization are both good. They can grow strains of Pot (they already do) which have very high CBD content, therefore doing away with most of the "dangerous" part you seem to be referring to. Not only that, but it seems to help people with other (Pharma) medicine psychosis.

So, in other words, the article proves the opposite of what you claim....in that moderation (which everyone knows is always the key) along with the proper strains could help tamp down mental problems.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:21 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,244,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Those with religion delusion tend to not need intoxicants. That puts them one up on drunks and stoners.
It scares me how some of the most disgusting atrocities commited against humanity in the name of religion were done stone cold sober.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:23 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,275,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't understand the point of this thread.

Then again, I'm high right now.
Made this post last night. Not high now and still don't know the point of this thread.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:02 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,374,047 times
More ER visits in CO due to MJ :

https://www.apnews.com/a6b485be1d2f42bab3dfcb2947f546ce

Old 03-25-2019, 11:13 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,490,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Why would ER visits be a big concern in relation to marijuana?

Look at how many ER visits are due to consuming to much alcohol, majority of ER doctors and nurses will admit alcohol is the number one problem substance, that they see in the ER everyday....and yet NO ONE is calling for new or tougher restrictions on alcohol...

If ER visits due to alcohol are not a big concern...what makes anyone think marijuana related ER visits would be of any concern?

Old 03-25-2019, 11:16 PM

29,978 posts, read 11,568,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Trading one ridiculous vice for another.

Unlike alcohol, marijuana can help people with cancer, glaucoma and other health issues. Beyond that people should decided what they consume, not the government.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:22 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,490,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Unlike alcohol, marijuana can help people with cancer, glaucoma and other health issues. Beyond that people should decided what they consume, not the government.
I think the main problem is, the 'marijuana industry' is really not large enough to start 'making payments' to the right people, in order to keep govt off their back (like the alcohol and tobacco industries), those 2 have PLENTY of money to throw at lobbying efforts and grease palms of politicians, police, judges, etc, marijuana is not quite in those BIG leagues yet...that is probably why there is so much controversy over its legalization.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:56 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,375,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think the main problem is, the 'marijuana industry' is really not large enough to start 'making payments' to the right people, in order to keep govt off their back (like the alcohol and tobacco industries), those 2 have PLENTY of money to throw at lobbying efforts and grease palms of politicians, police, judges, etc, marijuana is not quite in those BIG leagues yet...that is probably why there is so much controversy over its legalization.
It's getting there very quickly. Over $1 billion in sales in just CO last year.

The other states are looking at the amount of money being generated in the legal states and it is going up quickly.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:05 AM

29,978 posts, read 11,568,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Good points. Its illegal federally so probably not even legal to lobby politicians at this point. I know those with businesses in states where its been made legal cannot even put proceeds in the bank. I do know that big tobacco is ready to jump into marijuana as soon as its legal federally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies