Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 09:15 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,604 times

Advertisements

Disgusting

Quote:
A 9-year-old United States citizen was detained by Customs and Border Patrol officials for more than 30 hours this week after she tried to cross the U.S-Mexico border on her walk to school.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...r-more-than-30

These actions are disgraceful. I am all for a wall, but we are getting to the point where anyone who is not white is questioned and it's a shame. She has a US Passport on her and they accused her of being her AUNT. WOW. The flame of the melting pot is being extinguished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 09:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Disgusting

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...r-more-than-30

These actions are disgraceful. I am all for a wall, but we are getting to the point where anyone who is not white is questioned and it's a shame. She has a US Passport on her and they accused her of being her AUNT. WOW. The flame of the melting pot is being extinguished.
I seriously doubt that. Sounds like typical MSM hyperbole aiming to demonize all immigration law enforcement.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:20 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I seriously doubt that. Sounds like typical MSM hyperbole aiming to demonize all immigration law enforcement.
How about READING the article and not TROLLING.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:23 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
How about READING the article and not TROLLING.
How about reading my post, thinking, and comprehending what I wrote. It's only two sentences long.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:26 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Meh ........ Democrats brought us to this point.

Unaccompanied children walking across the border should be stopped and questioned at length. If it delays them a couple of days, fine.
9 years old and 14 years old, crossing an international border at 10AM telling the officers that they were late for school. Yeah, right.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:29 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
That is most unfortunate but stuff like this happens. How many people have been improperly grounded from flying due to their names showing up on no fly lists?

We do need walls/ barriers were required but we also need to revamp our outdated immigration laws.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:31 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
"Meh....... Democrats fault"
Is always the Republicans response.
Talk about lies about "personal responsibility."

And The Dark Enlightenment, how about actually reading the article, addressing its points and purported facts, and NOT Trolling? Seriously... it would be a thousand times more helpful to me and others than your twitter prima donna responses.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:39 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is most unfortunate but stuff like this happens. How many people have been improperly grounded from flying due to their names showing up on no fly lists?

We do need walls/ barriers were required but we also need to revamp our outdated immigration laws.
Most unfortunate.

Wasn't Wallstreet built by the xenophobic Dutch colonizers to keep the British colonizers and the Native Americans out?

How about pay real American citizens what is fair for picking produce from the farms and to build houses etc? And check for citizen or immigration papers on all jobs?

If the rich wanted it so, they would be doing it themselves. And if they somehow couldn't do it themselves, the government is already in their pocket and will bail them out.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:41 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
"Meh....... Democrats fault"
Is always the Republicans response.
Talk about lies about "personal responsibility."

And The Dark Enlightenment, how about actually reading the article, addressing its points and purported facts, and NOT Trolling? Seriously... it would be a thousand times more helpful to me and others than your twitter prima donna responses.
How about reading the thread? The Dark Enlightenment has already demonstrated in this very thread the lack of capacity to do what you are suggesting. Not everyone is capable of critical thinking and this is evidence of that.

This is really unfortunate to have happened. I wonder how many incidents like this happen that we don't hear about.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:55 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
How about reading the thread? The Dark Enlightenment has already demonstrated in this very thread the lack of capacity to do what you are suggesting. Not everyone is capable of critical thinking and this is evidence of that.

This is really unfortunate to have happened. I wonder how many incidents like this happen that we don't hear about.
If I was guarding the border at 10AM and 2 unaccompanied children attempted to cross telling me they were walking to school, they would be detained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies