Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 04:10 PM

4,153 posts, read 2,845,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Good point. Remember this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A
I remember that video, I also remember that the filmmaker admitted to editing out almost all of the White guys that cat called her (bad sound, they said something in passing, someone walked in front of the camera etc.. etc...)

https://metro.co.uk/2014/10/30/100-c...eople-4928473/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 04:17 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,294,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You have to look at it from their perspective a young attractive petite woman for example going for a walk or a jog should be aware that that random guy saying hi may not be a nice guy. Sexual trafficking is on the rise. "Most had backbones, and could handle ourselves" Actually very few 120 pound petite women can defend themselves effectively against a 180 pound fit athletic man.

Very true. It's the reason a guy got a bj in his bathroom when he trapped me in there wanting sex. I was there with a friend who didn't want to go to some guy's apartment alone. Joke was on me, I guess.

It's the reason I had to keep moving for over an hour to evade a guy who wouldn't take "no thank you, married" for an answer.

It's the reason I had to wait for a guy to go to the bathroom so I could run home without his following & knowing where I lived (he also wouldn't take "no thanks, married" for an answer.

All nice, reasonably attractive white guys, BTW. I'm 5'4" tall; I know darned well I can't take on a full-grown adult male. Likely most 16 year old boys could overpower me. It means I had to think on my feet a lot of the time. Now that I'm middle-aged and <ahem> fluffy, it's not such a problem.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:20 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,393,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Very true. It's the reason a guy got a bj in his bathroom when he trapped me in there wanting sex. I was there with a friend who didn't want to go to some guy's apartment alone. Joke was on me, I guess.
OMG, I’m so sorry.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
OMG, I’m so sorry.

Thanks. It wasn't how I pictured my night going, for sure. I never told my husband about it; he'd have ended up in prison. And it was less upsetting than the idea of being raped by some young horndog with an ugly *******.

Last edited by Emeraldmaiden; 03-26-2019 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Seriously, CD? The skin sack for the family jewels is not an obscene word.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks. It wasn't how I pictured my night going, for sure. I never told my husband about it; he'd have ended up in prison. And it was less upsetting than the idea of being raped by some young horndog with an ugly *******.
So you did not pursue charges?

Old 03-26-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
So you did not pursue charges?

No, it was done & over with & I never met the dude again. I was maybe 19 or 20, too, and with my history of being molested, reporting, and not being believed at 15? <shrug> Who wants to go through that again?

Old 03-26-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
No, it was done & over with & I never met the dude again. I was maybe 19 or 20, too, and with my history of being molested, reporting, and not being believed at 15? <shrug> Who wants to go through that again?
Wow! I don’t know what to say other than I’m so sorry you went through that.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:57 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,042,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
In reading the comments, it is very apparent that some still don't get it.

The issue is not that the women were approached in the first place. Women AND men get approached and hit on all the time, it's a part of life.

The issue is HOW people react when women say no thank you. Huge difference between saying ok thanks and leaving it at that, and then still persisting to the point of getting into physical altercations because of the rejection.

https://news.yahoo.com/women-sharing...113740797.html
How can one become more approachable ?? Because I only get to only read about " bein approached" things

Do we have to keep visiting bars and cool places?

Old 03-26-2019, 05:10 PM

10,513 posts, read 4,068,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I know that this type of thing can happen, but I also know that it can happen more often if you respond with attitude and aggression. I'm not saying that they need to be friendly about it, but you have to read people before losing your ish on them.
Eh, while most times, it takes a simple shake of my head to get people to leave me alone, I have had problems where saying no didn't work. One guy actually started to force me to come out on the dance floor, and that is when one of my male friends had to step in and get physical with the guy. I have also been out with friends who are couples, and things got really heated when a woman tried to bump and grind with my friend's husband, and he tried to get he away, but it took my friend to finally lose her temper and yank the girl by her hair dump beer on her head for her to finally get the hint.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:13 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,339,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Sorry, but as I mentioned elsewhere, when you're hot, you're hot. When you're not, you're not. Join the club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
That sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Too bad you weren't around in the late '60s into the '80s. It was GREAT!
Well what can I say? It is what it is. If it hasn't happened by now, it probably never will. To have gone through the 90's, 00's, and just about all of the '10's and not be approached one single time, I must be one hideous looking sunnofabeetch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies