Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:02 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times

Advertisements

How does white supremacy end?

About as badly as this thread.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
How does centuries of white supremacy end? Like it or not, this country has a white supremacist past. You cannot ignore it. You cannot deny it. It's painful. Yes, this is how the country goes.

We learn from things, right?
It ends after centuries because certain populations teach it to their kids....keeping it going (see - "The Confederacy and the aftermath".

Never the less, in the long scope of history it is ending.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,421 times
Quote:
Slavery, etc.
Then the topic should be "supremacist past" only as skin color was not the only factor.

One of the first slave owner in American history was black(and certainly the most important one in legal terms). In fact he himself was a slave and then an indentured servant.

It also bears noting the slavery on southern agriculture plantations was very different than that in the cities. And that the southern agricultural plantation slavery was not uniform in its oppression either.

Moreover, as a person mixed color, I investigated my genealogy in detail. On the negroid side of my family I came across an interesting tidbit. My negroid ancestors owned slaves and married into a white family that started the underground railroad in Ohio. So in this case you had the black family being convinced to free their slaves by their non-slave holding white relations.

Years ago a friend at FamilySearch told me that according to the 1830 census over 3,500 blacks owned slaves.

To give you some idea, in the 1860 census I found some 160 plus (I would have to locate my records to affirm the exact number) black slaves owners in South Carolina. Yep, South Carolina.

And did you know American Indians owned black slaves? So now we have not only white supremacist, but black, and red ones too!

So yes America has a past that included slavery, but in truth it was not so much a racial institution as it was a economic system that allowed generalized oppression. None of it is good, but it is not as black and white (pun unintended) as many make it.

My point is, we need to get beyond racially charged environment and look at issues holistically without making race or gender one of the first criteria examined.

I would suggest the title should be can America get beyond its past of institutionalized slavery.

Cheers...

Old 03-25-2019, 09:08 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
It doesn't. Trump's election took us back in time almost 70 years overnight. The best we can do is contain it. We did a pretty good job of it until social media came along. Now it's like we are back in the 1950s.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:16 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Another white supremacy/nationalist thread?

Old 03-25-2019, 09:19 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
One would think right?

U.S. whites will soon be the minority in number, but not power

"Reflecting these trends, many whites claim that they are now or will soon become a minority group. This is only true in the numeric sense.
Which is the only sense there is.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:33 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
One would think right?

U.S. whites will soon be the minority in number, but not power

"Reflecting these trends, many whites claim that they are now or will soon become a minority group. This is only true in the numeric sense. Whites will continue to be the majority in terms of wealth, power and prestige. Whites have amassed large amounts of wealth and other resources that will not become depleted with their declining population counts. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

While increasing numbers will translate into some political gains among people of color, the white political machinery is already in motion deploying political tactics, such as gerrymandering and voter ID laws, to minimize the political power of groups of color. In South Africa, while whites are the numerical minority, they continue being the dominant group politically and economically.

Still, with increasing racial diversity and intermarriage in the United States, the meaning of race and the boundaries used to define who is white may be altered in the future." (my emphasis) LOL!!!! What the hell does that have to do with anything? Exterminate white people and then deny it because you say that blacks are white?

Then this one says people in the u.s. will remain white majority, because of how the census bureau classifies people ...

The Likely Persistence of a White Majority

"Numerous sites on the web offer advice and counsel on how whites can handle their imminent minority status. But what if these different reactions are based on a false premise—actually two false premises? The first stems from the Census Bureau’s way of classifying people by ethnicity and race, which produces the smallest possible estimate of the size of the non-Hispanic white population. Whenever there is ambiguity about ethno-racial identity, the statistics publicized by the bureau count an individual as minority. This statistical choice is particularly important for population projections because of the growing number of children from mixed families, most of whom have one white parent and one from a minority group. In the Census Bureau’s projections, children with one Hispanic, Asian, or black parent are counted as minority (that is, as Hispanic or nonwhite)."
That's retarded. Changing definitions does not change reality.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:52 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
How does centuries of white supremacy end? Like it or not, this country has a white supremacist past. You cannot ignore it. You cannot deny it. It's painful. Yes, this is how the country goes.

We learn from things, right?
White Supremacy ended with Abraham Lincoln...he was the last American to publicly declare that blacks were inferior and should be ruled by whites.

Of course, to the extent that races are not all the same, some will always be inferior and others superior, but in civil societies that are homogeneous, guess what, never an issue!

I hope that someday people will understand this and stop forcing races together when they don't want to be and shouldn't be.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:18 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Get rid of Trump and it will subside.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:28 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
In this country, white supremacy will end over time as white skin practically disappears (just as black skin, brown skin, yellow skin will practically disappear). The whites and non-whites will mix over time and we'll be a nation of people with mixed backgrounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies