Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 07:59 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times

Advertisements

Folks with solid foundations can make their point without perjoratives.

Like the ban on immigration from certain countries, the issue of who pays - there are many ways this can happen btw- this one is far from over. Remember the wrong and premature celebrations when. Federal district judge knocked the ban down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I guess all the Trumpeteers that kept chanting that are now ok with being lied to. Keep Winning lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 08:00 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Jk, the pentagon did..
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-ca...medium=ios_app

Sleep well in the streets veterans, the wall will protect you.
Right. Hell freeze over when Mexico helps fund this so called wall.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:01 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Mexico will pay for the wall indirectly, the money saved from human and drug trafficking due to the wall will pay for itself.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:02 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Mexico will pay for the wall indirectly, the money saved from human and drug trafficking due to the wall will pay for itself.
Keep telling yourself that. It has proven that drugs are coming thru ports of entry not thru wall less areas.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:04 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Keep telling yourself that. It has proven that drugs are coming thru ports of entry not thru wall less areas.
“I let this hot girl touch my pen, and she probably touched her boob so in a way I touched her boobâ€

Thats the logic right there ^

Old 03-26-2019, 08:10 AM

13,941 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Jk, the pentagon did..
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-ca...medium=ios_app

Sleep well in the streets veterans, the wall will protect you.
Why does a veteran sleep in the streets if the Pentagon takes $1 billion of its budget to build something?

Do they sleep in the street every time a $3 billion submarine is built?

Do they sleep in the street when a $13 billion aircraft carrier (ideally suited to winning WWII all over again!) is built?

Do they sleep in the street when the Pentagon spends $6-10 billion (depending on whose analysis you read) on excess military base capacity than necessary?

Oh wait, are you the head controller for DFAS, and actually did the debit/credit in the DoD general ledger from veteran's housing assistance programs to "Trump's Wall?"

Or does the Pentagon get their money by kicking veterans out of their houses and then selling the houses to raise funds?

See, I am a veteran, of two foreign wars actually, and how te Pentagon chops up their budget is completely meaningless to my living situation. So I am curious as to how your conclusion was reached?

Old 03-26-2019, 08:10 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times
Quote:
If you are talking about his Presidential Library, then it may surprise you that yes I am against that and any future Presidential Libraries being built by our tax dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
They are paid for by private money...

They are built by nonprofit foundation money ( so free of taxes) and stocked. But after that they are handed over to the National Archives to be maintained. Last year the Archives spent $66M to maintain the 13 presidential libraries.
That might be a small amount but over time these libraries will mushroom, especially if we have multiple one term presidents. My take is that the foundations should get to build and MAINTAIN it. Not just hand it over to someone and expect them to maintain it. And this applies to presidents of both parties.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:24 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
LMAO. Have you heard of tunnels? They are already in use in many of our current walls

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...es-from-mexico
CBP has tunnel detection technology purchased from the IDF. I've seen it at work.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:47 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
https://fox61.com/2019/03/25/pentago...-construction/

It's a start - so much winning these days.
In addition to other money the pentagon has diverted we are at almost what trump asked for.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:48 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
And Mexico is still not paying. Yep so much winning lol

You might want to check out the NEW tariffs Mexico IS PAYING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies