Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 10:09 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Hollywood is full of grown adults who play pretend for a living.
Don't watch them playing pretend for a living.

There really is no problem here. We have freedom of speech in this country. And you have the freedom to choose not to listen to anyone else's speech. You think I listen to Trump and his motley crew? Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 08:16 AM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Then don't listen to those "blowhards."No law saying you have to. Turn 'em off.

You can manage that, right?
Wow! Do I detect anger?

Things didn't go right with the Special Prosecutor report, eh?

Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Wow! Do I detect anger?

Correct. Poster assumes incorrectly that i watch/listen to them. Emotions unchecked it appears. Its been a tough week for them. Tiny fiddle playing

Old 03-26-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Hollywood is full of grown adults who play pretend for a living.
Then they should play and stay the hell out of politics

Old 03-26-2019, 08:24 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I love it when idiots expose their ignorance and hate.
-----------
Left-wing Hollywood stars have spent the past two years spreading wild conspiracy theories about President Donald Trump and Russian “collusion,” with a slew of celebrities calling him a “traitor,” a “puppet,” a “thug,” a “urine-lapper” for Putin and predicting that he will be “in chains” soon.
Many Hollywood stars made these accusations following Trump’s press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland. Others accused Trump of treason for no apparent reason at all.

Yet, according to the Attorney General William Barr’s letter to Congress Sunday, special counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence whatsoever of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia during the 2016 election.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...n-with-russia/
What do you mean “look like”?

Old 03-26-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Correct. Poster assumes incorrectly that i watch/listen to them. Emotions unchecked it appears. Its been a tough week for them. Tiny fiddle playing
Nothing a little Prozac won't take care of

Old 03-26-2019, 08:31 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Quote:
I'll ask what I usually ask when these types of threads appear:

Do you put your money where your mouth is and boycott Hollywood entertainment,
No matter how great a movie is touted to be I won't watch if anyone that has spouted leftist anti American views stars or is in it.
Most have agendas now anyway. Gone are the good movies that tell a story of real life without the political innuendos and blatant anti Americanism.

I watch little to nothing any more.

Yes, I love Ben and Jerry's but quit buying it years ago.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:36 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
I'll ask what I usually ask when these types of threads appear:

Do you put your money where your mouth is and boycott Hollywood entertainment, OP? Or, do you, as I suspect, like most of your team, actively consume what those "idiots" produce, all while endless whining about them and "Hollyweird"?

Look, it's all very simple: Cancel cable.
check

Quote:
Cancel Netflix.
check

Quote:
Stop streaming American movies, TV, and music.
check

Quote:
Stop buying most American movies and music.
check

Quote:
While you're at it, stop using Facebook
check

Quote:
...and most other social media, because, you know, most of it is owned by liberals. Yes, that includes YouTube. Reject it all. Just say No. Protest with your wallet.
I use YouTube and Twitter. Both are free. They get no money out of me. No, not even advertisement. That's what blockers are for.

Google is not Hollywood, Jack Dorsey is not Hollywood. And I don't use YouTube to watch trailers. I watch a whole lot of storm (tornado) footage from private citizens.

Quote:
Oh, and you'll also want to boycott any entertainment coming out of any other English-speaking country, too.
check

Quote:
Because they freaking hate Trump. What Hollywood says about him pales in comparison.

You can do it. Be strong. Stand by your man.

Or develop a thicker skin and a sense of humor. You will need it.
The last time I saw a movie was 2015. And the only reason I saw that movie was because my sister insisted that I go, and she insisted that she pay for it. I went because she wanted me to go, not because I wanted to watch the movie. As it was, it was what I expected: A waste of time on an overdone story line.

Easy to "be strong" when Hollywood puts out the biggest piles of crap. And the more that stars open their mouths and cry about Trump, the less likely I will ever watch a movie or show that they're in. It's very easy to stop watching trash. You should try it - it's amazing how much time you gain by not being a mindless drone sitting on front of a screen being told when to laugh by a laugh track, or manipulated in to feeling sad by the music that they choose to use at particular moments.

It's very freeing when you do all of the above - no longer controlled to think a certain way.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Wow! Do I detect anger?

No, just tired of the RW whining about how people are being mean to the POTUS.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I love it when idiots expose their ignorance and hate.
-----------
Left-wing Hollywood stars have spent the past two years spreading wild conspiracy theories about President Donald Trump and Russian “collusion,” with a slew of celebrities calling him a “traitor,” a “puppet,” a “thug,” a “urine-lapper” for Putin and predicting that he will be “in chains” soon.
Many Hollywood stars made these accusations following Trump’s press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland. Others accused Trump of treason for no apparent reason at all.

Yet, according to the Attorney General William Barr’s letter to Congress Sunday, special counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence whatsoever of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia during the 2016 election.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...n-with-russia/

Don't limit it to just celebrities.

Many in congress have been doing the same thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies