Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 04:57 AM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Zero support! Ouch! No tips for the bartender tonight.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...s-of-democrats
Wow, this is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 03:53 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
climate change is natural

there is NOT ONE THING humans can do to stop the natural glacial/interglacial cycles

we could go back to the stone age...before the discovery of fire, and it still wont stop the natural cycle....

what's worse is the liberals think the solution is more taxes
I respect your opinion on this issue but I know your not a climate scientist with published findings. The problem with America today is people think there opinions trump experts. For example I don't tell my plumber he is incorrect with something he is doing I let him work. The same is true with science letting people with no scientific background decide policy is ludicrous.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:55 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Shhh, if you speak reasonably like that, WK and the likes won't be able to spread their lies, and their projection of "radical".

Bottom line: This bill did not represent the core values of the left, and the votes prove that. Trump-ettes can't acknowledge that because the ONLY thing they have ever run on is bashing the other side. If they acknowledge it, they'd have to come up with solutions, and they have none.
Very true I have not seen the right come up with solutions to climate change.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
But the Democrats are all out there promoting it? The Dem candidates are saying they'll support it if they get elected.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:50 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Hopefully now all of the right wing kool-aid drinkers can stop saying that the Left wants to socialize America.

The left gave exactly ZERO votes in support of this nonsense, so maybe you all can turn over a new leaf and start spreading the truth. Your collective lying has gotten us Trump. R or D, we could do better.
You would be correct if they all voted against it -- but that is not what happened. They didn't take a position on it, one way or the other. They were cowards.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:59 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,471 times
Quote:
Bottom line: This bill did not represent the core values of the left, and the votes prove that.
Why do all the Dem presidential nominees support it then? Are they wrong or are you wrong?

Old 03-29-2019, 04:00 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
The GND isn't the only plan to address climate change it was to radical. They need to take a more pragmatic approach if they want to get people on board.
Actually it is, it's the only comprehensive plan to do so, which is precisely why it's being treated as such a big deal. Before this, literally no one was talking about a radical way to address climate change in congress. You say they need to take a more pragmatic approach. That's what they've been doing and it's lead us down an almost irreversible path. We need real change and it needs to happen now, not some "pragmatic" approach, which just a euphemism for doing nothing, basically.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Zero support! Ouch! No tips for the bartender tonight.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...s-of-democrats
How is this possible?

I read and hear that ALL Democrats support everything AOC does.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:54 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,421 times
"Address the problem".

The problem is that it is a gigantic LIE that there IS a problem!

Old 03-29-2019, 01:38 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Actually it seems to me that the spineless weasels are the democrats who voted "present" instead of going on the record one way or another for the GND. Those are the cowards.
No doubt.

All of the democrat front runners all in public are saying how great the GND is and how they support AOC yet when it comes time to put their money where their mouth was they wimped out.

If you're behind something grow a set and vote for it.

As far as I understand it it was just a vote to just decide to give it further examination. Maybe I'm wrong on that part, but it wasn't voting to put into law just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies