Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 12:58 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Before her death, Barbara Bush spoke out against the current president as many other Republicans have done. Republicans are courageous in putting their country before party condemning this president.

It is more respectable and credible than the Lindsey Grahams of the party. I don't blame Barbara Bush. This president doesn't represent conservative values. He was a Democrat most of his life. Yet he doesn't represent American values. Many Republican spoke out against his personal character before the election. Now they are falling in line with his destructive rhetoric, attacks, and policies for fear of primaries. But given the low approval ratings and shrinking base, conservatives and all Americans are fed up with this president.

Barbara Bush: Did she still consider herself a Republican? 'I'd probably say no today.'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ch/3270187002/
Mrs Bush was a wonderful person but she was at best a liberal New England Republican. During her husband's presidency she spoke out in favor of so called liberal social issues and against conservative positions. Basically on social issues she was to the left of her moderate husband. But the Republican Party does consider itself a big tent with many viewpoints so I would say she still considered herself a Republican.

Bottom line She was well known for standing up for her beliefs in the 1980s and I don't see where anything changed. She didn't like Donald Trump. She was loyal to her family (JEB in this case). She looked forward to when President Trump would no longer be in office. period. No big shakeidoodles. It was personal for her not political.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-27-2019 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-27-2019, 01:00 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Before her death, Barbara Bush spoke out against the current president as many other Republicans have done. Republicans are courageous in putting their country before party condemning this president.

It is more respectable and credible than the Lindsey Grahams of the party. I don't blame Barbara Bush. This president doesn't represent conservative values. He was a Democrat most of his life. Yet he doesn't represent American values. Many Republican spoke out against his personal character before the election. Now they are falling in line with his destructive rhetoric, attacks, and policies for fear of primaries. But given the low approval ratings and shrinking base, conservatives and all Americans are fed up with this president.

Barbara Bush: Did she still consider herself a Republican? 'I'd probably say no today.'

An unfortunate case of dementia. It simply begs the question as to what is wrong with the younger dems?

Old 03-27-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Oh no, no.

She hated him because he's a despicable person.
No she hated him because he was rude and classless towards her son and his wife.

She treated many despicable people with grace and expediency. Her feelings toward Trump were personal

Old 03-27-2019, 02:07 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:

HW Bush and W Bush didn't represent conservative values.......should We give you a short review in memory lane how HW and W ruled? HW Bush lost re-election because he raised taxes and was a globalist and was clueless about the working class and W Bush was worse and left the party in ruins with low approval numbers that the GOP lost the house and senate and then the WH to a Chicago Community organizer in Obama.

Barbara was just upset that Trump destroyed Jeb in the primaries and ended the Bush dynasty in the party.

It's funny how Barbara complains about the greed of the '80s and bring Trump when her husband was VP and later President in that era and supported the Reagan tax cuts that she benefitted in her rich lifestyle of mansions and private jets and servants.

tell me what is the legacy of HW and W Bush? that they were "nice" people? LOL.........HW Bush should have been indicted for the Iran Contra. He pardoned Caspar Weinberger so he wouldn't talk and we all know W BUSH legacy, the Iraq War and WMD and the market collapsed under his watch.....is that what Barbara thought true conservatism was? LOL

Barbara had a short memory or a very selective one when it comes to her husband and son.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:21 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Who does number 2 work for?

Old 03-27-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Barbara Bush was a lovely lady and a great American who loved her country and cared about its people.

she was a mother of so many kids and I give her credit for that. She must have been depressed most of her married life while her husband was away for long periods but don't make her out to be something she wasn't.

this is the same person that said of the Hurricane Katrina refugees being housed in the Houston Astrodome were "underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

I have never understood the adulation of this shallow, elitist woman who was totally out of touch with 99 percent of the population and had zero compassion for the poor. The same reason her husband lost re-election in 1992. Out of touch.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-27-2019 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-27-2019, 02:25 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They chose wisely. The alternative would have been cancer for our country.
As opposed to heart attack and stroke...

Old 03-27-2019, 02:27 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
she was a mother of so many kids and I give her credit for that. She must have been depressed most of her married life while her husband was away for long periods but don't make her out to be something she wasn't.

this is the same person that said: "that Hurricane Katrina refugees being housed in the Houston Astrodome were "underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

she didn't give a $hiat about the poor and the victims of the wars that her husband and son started....so save me the B.S. about that she cared for all people.
Did you ever meet her? I did. I was no supporter of her husband or father-in-law, but respected her very much.

I see you left out my comment about the fundraising whoop-de-doo at Mar-a-Lardo last weekend, at which you Republicans had equally deceased Abraham Lincoln all decked out in a badly fitting red MAGA hat. I hear rumbles from Springfield, where he's been rolling in his grave ever since...

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-27-2019 at 03:11 PM..

Old 03-27-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Did you ever meet her? I did. I was no supporter of her husband or father-in-law, but respected her very much.

I see you left out my comment about the fundraising whoop-de-doo at Mar-a-Lardo last weekend, at which you Republicans had equally deceased Abraham Lincoln all decked out in a badly fitting red MAGA hat. I hear rumbles from Springfield, where he's been rolling in his grave ever since...

I have no problems with her....she was the least of the problems in that family.....her role in life was to give birth to 6 children while her husband was away most of the time in oil business and politics.

but she can't talk about Trump of being greedy and not being a conservative when her husband and son weren't and did a lot of damage to the country and millions of people around the world....She was blinded by loyalty to her husband and son. That's why I put her comments under perspective.

is not news that nobody in the Bush family voted for Trump in 2016. They voted for Hillary or didn't vote at all.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
When the tent includes white hoods and robes...perhaps it is a bit too large???
If you are saying that white hoods and robes are not amongst the Democrat party loyalists, you would be mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies