Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ARE CHRISTIANS WHO SUPPORT TRUMP MORALLY AND SPIRITUALLY SUPERIOR THAN OTHER DEVOTEES?
Yes 13 14.29%
No 78 85.71%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:56 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Considering all these sex abuse scandals going on in the church's, private jets for priests, denial of flood victims to take shelter, and countless other stories....I really am not surprised these church's support Donald Trump.

We need a second coming of Jesus to clean house here. The greed and corruption stinks to high heaven!
Trump is known for his cruelty - he doesn't even try to hide it. I agree with you, we need God's judgement to fall to break these chains. I'm waiting.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:59 PM

365 posts, read 214,191 times
Can we ban OP?

Old 03-29-2019, 02:37 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Shocking - but I know the far right fundamentalists were deeply triggered about Obama being in the White House and he was a shining example of self-control. I was amazed at how he was able to hold his tongue and not speak back to all the abuse he got - a definite sign of him being filled with the Holy Spirit. Trump has zero control over his mouth. There is a lesson in these two very different men holding the highest office in the land - back to back.
Strangely enough, this was in the burbs of Philadelphia!

Back when, the Southern Part of NJ (say, south of Trenton) was known for being a bit different in that they politically sided with the Confederacy to a degree. This tied in with the Agriculture based economy and proximity to the Mason-Dixon line (much of NJ is below it!).

Point is, we really didn't have "Evangelicals" being anywhere near the mainstream until recently. The area has a very tolerant and Quaker history. However, when social and economic change speeds, many people find themselves without a "village" and grab onto the nearest "miracle" they can find.

Previous to about 2000, Republican in our areas meant an Eisenhower Republican. Or, since Lockheed Martin is the #1 employer, a "who pays me" Republican.

We went from local government officials who were independent to those who were bought off by Lockheed Martin and finally to many members of said large Evangelical church. Many of those folks are also LM related....I guess "church and missiles" go together in some way?

My friends were not racist at all. But you could tell they were fed various bills of goods by their new friends or whatever media they followed. Quite shocking since the dude was one of the most normal and sane people I had ever run into when I sold him the place...

Put another way - they and a few other close friends I had in the area - by most measures - became LESS "superior" as human beings once in the flock.

I find many things in this world are the opposite of what they are promoted to be.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Maybe some day you will understand the 10 Commandments, and how they form the bedrock of what Christianity was founded on, and what they have preached for over 2,000 years now. But you would have to be a REAL Christian to understand that.
Agree~~ But think the " 7 Deadly Sins" to DJT's and his followers who somehow have deconstructed Christian Religious teachings!!

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questio...en-deadly-sins

snip~~ see full explanations/descriptions

Quote:
According to Christian tradition the seven deadly sins are: envy, gluttony, greed or avarice, lust, pride, sloth, and wrath. You can find a list and meanings of the seven deadly sins below.

Seven deadly sins list & meanings
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Browse additional article contents

Old 03-29-2019, 04:10 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
I don’t hate trump, he’s just not fit to be president. As a liberal Christian I can judge that. But, as to forgiveness for trump, not my place. There’s one of the books in the New Testament where is talks abouts us being inseparable from Gods grace, but that we need to approach him with a penitent heart.
I don’t think trump qualifies.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Agree~~ But think the " 7 Deadly Sins" to DJT's and his followers who somehow have deconstructed Christian Religious teachings!!

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questio...en-deadly-sins

snip~~ see full explanations/descriptions
Trump definitely checks all "not a Christian nor trying to be one" boxes.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
[quote=RainMusic;54807587]Amen. Only an authoritarian Christian would vote for a man like Trump. A Christian with the heart of a servant sees him for what he is and realizes he a a wrecking ball and a divider, not to mention a bigot and serial adulterer whose wife barley ever is seen by his side because she has lived with his abuse for long enough and just wants to get away and keep Barron away from his horrible chaos. Don't tell me a man who lies incessantly and worships money is walking with God - I know better.

[/QUO

So you know what God thinks about Trump? Your telling me that God does not love Trump as a child of his? Like God loves all of us SINNERS? Maybe you are perfect and void of sin. You call him a serial adulterer, a bigot...and God knows what other horrible things. You sure harbor a lot of hate for this man. You sure judge him very harshly. Pretty evil if you ask me. A true Christian forgives Trump for his inequities of the past. A true Christian would not judge Trump with the same venom by which you do...and by which others do. The man is a child of God. No different from any one of us. Being consumed with hate is a terrible thing. City Data is like a liberal hate fest for Donald Trump. Yet liberals deny this very thing that they perpetuate on City Data...which is sheer hate for the man. Its wild to witness.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
It's not your call to say whether they are real Christians or not. Nor is it Mr. Jeffress' call to say those who oppose Trump are not real Christians.

Mr. jeffress is certainly not the arbitrar of morality, but for his church’s membership only. Other Christians may not agree with his brand of religion.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:34 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
His supporters have lost all sense of reality. Bless'em.
Russia Russia Russia!
The walls are closing in....
Kushner and Don Jnr to be indicted....
Drip....drip....drip.....
Impeach 45!

Old 03-29-2019, 05:44 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
What he appears to be saying is that Christian states like MS., AL, etc. are at the top of the list of civilization...
If that's the case, it's time for a reboot. I'll be out back inventing fire, someone get started on a wheel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies