Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 07:30 AM

45,220 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What an Earth are you even rambling about? You think everyone who voted for Trump agrees with and supports everything he's done since taking office?

Behold the anti-american mindset.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Behold the anti-american mindset.

Behold, complete delusion.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
What an Earth are you even rambling about? You think everyone who voted for Trump agrees with and supports everything he's done since taking office?

I am hard pressed to think REASONABLE people who vote for the winner, support every intention of the winner/ his Admin.

No shortage of voters vote against one nominee, which is not the same thing as supporting the other nominee, let alone everything he / his Admin supports.

No shortage of voters vote the party, not the nominee.

Based on the popular vote, no matter how and who won, it was clear half the voters were divided.

If “ I did not vote” was a candidate in 2016, it would have won the popular vote.

Millennials and Generation Z represent about 50% of the US population. These two generations alone could determine the outcome in 2020 and beyond, if they register and vote.

Like any cohort, no generation votes as an absolute block.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am hard pressed to think REASONABLE people who vote for the winner, support every intention of the winner/ his Admin.

No shortage of voters vote against one nominee, which is not the same thing as supporting the other nominee, let alone everything he / his Admin supports.

No shortage of voters vote the party, not the nominee.

Based on the popular vote, no matter how and who won, it was clear half the voters were divided.

If “ I did not vote” was a candidate in 2016, it would have won the popular vote.

Millennials and Generation Z represent about 50% of the US population. These two generations alone could determine the outcome in 2020 and beyond, if they register and vote.

Like any cohort, no generation votes as an absolute block.

Precisely my point. That Frank would attempt to paint any criticism of the current Administration as un-American would make the Founding Fathers puke.

Last edited by hooligan; 03-28-2019 at 08:56 AM..

Old 03-28-2019, 08:40 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:

When you voted for him, you freely gave him your consent to do as he wishes with the power of that office. You didn't vote line items of platform, you voted for the whole enchilada, which means you consented to the whole enchilada.

Consent = agreement.

Like it or not, yes, by voting for him, you explicitly chose to support exactly everything he does. Feel free to rationalize that any way you need to be able to sleep better, but you agreed to him, all in, when you voted for him.

When Nov 2020 gets here, if you no longer support him, vote for someone else who you do support, or do like I will, which is not consent to any of them, since at some point, they will indeed abuse their power and do something that will make me deeply regret having ever given them my consent. We cannot fire them on the spot, which is a shame. Because we cannot, we have to agree ahead of time to 100% support of that which they do for the next four years, being able to only not support them for another 4 after that. So when you vote, you agree 100% for at least the one term.

Back on topic, and not sure why yesterday's SO thread disappeared....

Special Olympics gets ~10% of their funding from government, and the "defund" is a 4% reduction in the amount they get from Leviathan, which means the DoED "defund" will reduce the Special Olympic's revenue by 0.4%.

Leaving a program with 99.6% of their original budget is hardly what I would consider "defunding" that program, but hey, silly ignorance and hysteria is the new cultural narrative, so go ahead, run with that astronomically ignorant straw man about "defunding" Special Olympic. Whatever let's you get your 2 Minute hate on, go for it.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:51 AM

That is startlingly incorrect when it comes to approval. You seem to be conflating "empowering" - which voting him into office does - with "approving" or "advocating" - which voting him into office does not do.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:52 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 16 hours ago)

27,162 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

“Trump wants to defund the Special Olympics.”
The best way forward is a worldwide Special Olymics, as that way it takes it out of the hands of politicians.

Currently there are emrging special olympic governing bodies in other parts of the world.

Europe/Eurasia Region - Special Olympics

I fully support both the paraolympics and special olympics.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:41 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You think the proposed defunding of the special Olympics is a lie?
https://www.google.ca/search?ei=frec...iz.3CE_qOy_vcg
well telling a partial truth is the same as a whole lie and that's what you have done.

t he idea of "defunding special Olympics" is like saying SO will cease to exist!

That's a balled faced lie.

The US gave something like 17million dollars to SO last year. their income was $148MILLION.

suggesting this is going to hurt SO is just wrong.

the fact is, SO is a worthy organization but there are thousands of worthy organizations that cant get funding. This should be funded by private interests and NOT by the federal government

Old 03-28-2019, 09:54 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The completely deranged AP (I thought you guys would know better by you) didn't tell you this is 4% of their budget.
As if that makes a difference regarding Trump's intent.

Quote:
And they also didn't tell you that it's unlikely to make it into the final budget.
Making the headline correct - Trump wants to defund the SO. It's his budget. Can he at least be held responsible for that?

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 03-28-2019 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-28-2019, 09:59 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh please. Why don't you talk about her donation of $50,000 of her own salary to the Special Olympics.
I'm sure those warm fuzzies will do amazingly well when it comes to cover the remaining $17,950,000 in the SO budget.

Throwing a few coins from the carriage is time-tested method of keeping a percentage of the peasants convinced that the Lady of the Manor is on their side, somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies