Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 02:16 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This is an awful lot to say about an American problem for a Canadian. As usual.
And as usual; what part are you taking issue with; the part where it's completely factual and non-debatably true or the part it comes from a source other than one you approve of?

Old 03-28-2019, 02:22 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And as usual; what part are you taking issue with; the part where it's completely factual and non-debatably true or the part it comes from a source other than one you approve of?
I’m simply observant, and have taken note over the years of your rather frequent (and detailed) opining here on America and American policy. I’ve also taken note of the immediacy of your ire when the reverse occurs, and any Americans dare speak a critical opinion on Canada in return (healthcare, anyone?)

You seem to be quite comfortable both espousing your opinion on America, and telling others why they aren’t qualified to do the same of Canada. Look at you here “schooling” us Yanks on our Southern border crisis. You’re shameless in your arrogance.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I’m simply observant, and have taken note over the years of your rather frequent (and detailed) opining here on America and American policy. I’ve also taken note of the immediacy of your ire when the reverse occurs, and any Americans dare speak a critical opinion on Canada in return (healthcare, anyone?)

You seem to be quite comfortable both espousing your opinion on America, and telling others why they aren’t qualified to do the same of Canada. Look at you here “schooling” us Yanks on the Southern border. You’re shameless in your arrogance.
Changed your name have you Nor Cal?

While not answering my query; why would I have shame in doing something your brethren do with abandon every time they can use Canada as a bashing stick on topics ranging from healthcare to NATO membership, not to mention your own President making it "legal" by accusing us of everything from being a bad neighbour to a security risk.

Don't like it...I encourage you to use the ignore feature. That's specifically what it's designed for.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Changed your name have you Nor Cal?

Why would I have shame in doing something your brethren do with abandon every time they can use Canada as a bashing stick on topics ranging from healthcare to NATO membership, not to mention your own President making it "legal" by accusing us of everything from being a bad neighbour to a security risk.

Don't like it...I encourage you to use the ignore feature. That's specifically what it's designed for.
Oh I get it now! We did it first, and you’re just offering payback! lol.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Oh I get it now! We did it first, and you’re just offering payback! lol.
Good for you.

Now when are you going to address the content of my post?

Old 03-28-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Good for you.

Now when are you going to address the content of my post?
Why do you feel entitled to a response? You’re Canadian. Totally irrelevant to the issue at hand. Your opinion means nothing.

Besides, I’m still laughing at your fantasy of men driving ladder-filled trucks through the Chihuahua desert here. OK!

Old 03-28-2019, 02:46 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Amazing how some Trumpers go into virtual climax at the thought of "martial law". But hey they are all self-professed "constitution lovers", right? LOL. Advocating suspension of the Constitution only shows their disdain for it.
Martial law is entirely Constitutional at the border. People crossing the border illegally can be shot and killed, and it's all perfectly Constitutional.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:48 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Too late now. That is an admittedly flippant answer but; you are only whipped into a frenzy due to someone gratuitously occasioning this issue as a hot button campaign slogan. Your political leaders are among those benefitting hugely. Senator McCain (god rest his soul) was one who talked out of both sides of his mouth on this issue for the decades of his walking the halls of Washington. His state enjoyed a huge benefit from all that cheaper-than-dirt labour.
Certain individuals enjoyed personal economic benefits. but the state as a whole suffered a great detriment. Low-skilled labor consumes more than it produces, and the subsidy of illegal labor comes from the legal residents.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Certain individuals enjoyed personal economic benefits. but the state as a whole suffered a great detriment. Low-skilled labor consumes more than it produces, and the subsidy of illegal labor comes from the legal residents.
I understand that completely, but, those who benefitted will continue to do so when, NOT If, the next illegal shows up looking for work under the table.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Why do you feel entitled to a response? You’re Canadian. Totally irrelevant to the issue at hand. Your opinion means nothing.

Besides, I’m still laughing at your fantasy of men driving ladder-filled trucks through the Chihuahua desert here. OK!
Well then, once again, if my worthless opinion does not warrant your response, feel free to ignore it completely...….

The topic is still the threatened closure of the border...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies