Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 03:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
This is a priority. No longer any need to listen to the opposition. Stop this flow of unregistered Democrat voters!
Build the wall.
The 'opposition,' as you so quaintly call it, is over half the country. Ignore them at your own peril.

Besides, Donald Trump still needs workers at the golf course! Those Dominicans have made enough money off of him to build retirement homes in Dominican Republic. I guess he's playing that there 3-D chess you all are always promoting with his following. He'll pretend he wants the wall, but he doesn't really. He's playin' the base. All part of the grand plan.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
The left want as many illegals as possible, in order to gain more political power. Even though they technical can't vote (yet), their numbers are counted in the census and that results in higher representation in congress.

The left is the enemy of the American taxpaying citizen.
And when people snivel about EVerify, I like to remind them that the two most liberal states in our country won’t utilize it: CA and NY. CA BANS the use of EVerify, in fact. I absolutely support the federally mandated use of it in every state, but as long as the biggest importer of illegals refuses to cooperate, how much good can it do?

Walls work. They aren’t 100% effective; no one method is. But once up, they become an effective bipartisan stopgap measure that cannot be waffled in and out of existence upon every election.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:01 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
It's really the difference between a libertarian/anarchist and a Statist.

The government has no job except to protect property rights.

Nope. However, as a strict property rights advocate I sympathize with them and wouldn't shed a tear if they took out a few government goons along the way.

Like I said, I agree with you on many points in principle, but our options right now are (a) wall or (b) no wall.

I'll take option (a).

Old 03-28-2019, 04:03 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
The left is the enemy of the American taxpaying citizen.
So is the right.

All taxation is theft and no one has the right to a single cent of my income.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Of course we can but not all illegals are coming here for work either and those that are we'd have to deny their kids our birthright citizenship also since they could just live off the benefits of them and also work for cash which e-verify couldn't detect. Criminals and those from known terrorist countries certainly aren't looking for jobs either, thus the wall.

Agree. All good points as always OG!

Old 03-28-2019, 04:04 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Like I said, I agree with you on many points in principle, but our options right now are (a) wall or (b) no wall.

I'll take option (a).
I'll take option (c): 100% absolute property rights and bullets for any government agents who come to seize peoples' land.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
So is the right.

All taxation is theft and no one has the right to a single cent of my income.

I'd say they are the lesser of the two evils. I agree that taxation is theft, but a small amount is OK in order to run the country. But no one should be forced to pay for others children, welfare, education and healthcare.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:17 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
When an American says "maybe martial law isn't such a bad idea," that worries the eff out of me.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:32 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This is an awful lot to say about an American problem for a Canadian. As usual.
Exactly! ^^^^

Don't you just love it when Canadians tell us how to run our country? They ought to be worrying about their own country and fixing what's wrong in Canada. Oh wait...I forgot. They think Canada is perfect Arrogance at its finest.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:35 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well then, once again, if my worthless opinion does not warrant your response, feel free to ignore it completely...….

The topic is still the threatened closure of the border...
Don't worry. No one is discussing closing the Canadian border. Calm down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies