Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Maryann White right about her concerns about 'leggings', as discussed below?
Yes 27 25.96%
No 77 74.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 07:54 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,769,144 times

Advertisements

This is sad and funny at the same time.

The mother of college age kids is complaining about how other college age kids dress on campus. I wonder how her kids feel about this 15 minutes of fame.

I bet that woman has never been to Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 07:54 AM

48,440 posts, read 34,618,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
Please post pictures for examples. College females only so I can get a better perspective of what this debate is all about. I must be objective, thus the more photographic evidence the better. Then I will comment on my findings.
Well they had a "post your picture of you in leggings" day, so you might want to start there.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-29-2019, 07:56 AM

13,849 posts, read 5,559,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Imagine caring enough about this to crusade against it, smh.
Imagine being a big enough busybody to take kids away from their parents because they won't take them to an ER for a 99 degree fever. SMH.

You'd probably be on board with her crusade if a doctor said leggings were bad. Doctors saying things are bad are the cause of a ton of busybody tyranny. It only seems silly because no "expert" ha weighed in to back her play. Let an "expert" claim something absurd, but make it sound official, and there will be a federal ban on leggings tomorrow, and you'd end up agreeing with it because well, expert and stuff.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,524,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A long thread and discussion about a posted topic, can't have that.
Why are you crying about it?

Old 03-29-2019, 08:01 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,822,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Imagine being a big enough busybody to take kids away from their parents because they won't take them to an ER for a 99 degree fever. SMH.

You'd probably be on board with her crusade if a doctor said leggings were bad. Doctors saying things are bad are the cause of a ton of busybody tyranny. It only seems silly because no "expert" ha weighed in to back her play. Let an "expert" claim something absurd, but make it sound official, and there will be a federal ban on leggings tomorrow, and you'd end up agreeing with it because well, expert and stuff.
Imagine being ^ this ^ much off topic.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:06 AM

48,440 posts, read 34,618,603 times
The parents are up on child abuse charges (good), and the police tried to reason with parents for 2 hours, the police subsequently took 3 sick children from the home to the hospital.

The doctor advised the parents to take the child to the hospital because they may have had a life threatening medical condition, and the parents did not follow those instructions.

Children are removed from dangerous situations all the time, and this was one of them.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-29-2019, 08:11 AM

19,480 posts, read 12,118,325 times
Quote:
It's too hard to talk just about leggings. Too hard.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:19 AM

13,849 posts, read 5,559,638 times
Quote:
Busybodies are the topic, and I was recommending to this busybody how she could employ that strategies of other busybodies to successfully implement her agenda.

She's clearly a busybody, but she's going about advancing her annoying, meddling agenda all wrong. Get some experts and politicians involved, and she could probably get leggings banned and the manufacture/sale/purchase of leggings at least a class 1 misdemeanor, if not class 3-4 felony.

Maybe go with rape statistics or something. I mean, frivolous misuse of stats combined with experts and rent seeking politicians works for meddling in health care, gun control, child protection/welfare, and a ton of other stuff, so she should rethink her strategy.

Telling you, if she played it right, she could get leggings banned. The government and the American people are easily dumb enough to go along with it. I just cited one of many examples where the dumb + meddling works in a way you'd never think possible, but it is.

Just trying to help out a "concerned citizen."

Old 03-29-2019, 08:19 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,822,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's too hard to talk just about leggings. Too hard.
Impossible, apparently.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:20 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,419,734 times
Mom pleads with university coeds to stop wearing leggings

I have to admit, I like the way they look on most college aged girls, but I agree.

Another point to consider: I can remember when tight jeans were the fashion for men and women, but these days males almost always wear loose jeans or other legwear, yet somehow we expect females to wear form fitting clothes all the time. That is an inherent bias in our recent culture. It's like the girls must be on constant display and there is something disturbing about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies