Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 12:10 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times

Advertisements

https://nyti.ms/2V1Xb2G

"Is Trump Keyser Söze — Or Inspector Clouseau?/Maybe the president brilliantly played the media. Or maybe we just played ourselves"

"Maybe, in fact, Trump is the genius he claims to be, possessed — as he likes to boast — of a 'very good brain.'"

"O.K., I don’t quite believe that. But going forward, it would be wise for all of his inveterate critics in the news media, including me, to treat it as our operating assumption. The alternative is to let him hand us our butts all over again, just as he did by winning the G.O.P. nomination and then the election, and then by presiding over years of robust economic growth. That should be the central lesson from the epic media fiasco of Russiagate."

…..Donald Trump has just won a major victory over his chosen political enemies, including this newspaper. Whether he’s achieved this through genius or luck, it would behoove us not to take him for a fool. This was the week to examine our own foolishness instead.

so many regularly claim the man is dumb, an idiot, etc. I think trump is very smart, maybe not a genius, but definitely smarter than he is given credit for in the press because he always beats them at their game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 12:21 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
There is more to come when the entire Mueller Report is released. I'm sure that there are people in East Texas that see him as a genius, I'm going to wait until this plays out. People keep celebrating in the first inning, same for NK, Russia, tariffs and the wall.

That genius just asked the DOJ to cancel the ACA, I guess he just cant handle success.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:25 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
You essentially divided by zero with that theead title..

Old 03-28-2019, 12:27 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Trump may have outsmarted the media, but that's not exactly a high hurdle to clear.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:28 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Content does not support the thread title.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
You essentially divided by zero with that theead title..
This feels a bit like a "cool story, bro" thread.

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Content does not support the thread title.
Poetic license.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
I do enjoy the comparison of Trump to Keyser Soze, a character played by a guy who molested young men.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:30 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is more to come when the entire Mueller Report is released...........
Ah, there it is again. "More to come!....The TRUTH will never be known".

Mueller is not going to indict anyone. So who do you think will indict someone? The answer is "no one". As he said, there will be no further indictments.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:31 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
This is probably more accurate...

Trump Is Relentless

I wrote the bestselling business book “The Power of Relentless” four years ago. After a lifetime of studying business leaders, I concluded that being "relentless" is the number one trait that leads to success. And I named Donald J. Trump as the most relentless human being in modern history. Soon after, Trump was elected president — against all odds.

First, of course, President Trump was exonerated and vindicated after the most corrupt hoax in the history of U.S. politics.

On Monday, the Department of Justice announced that Obamacare is unconstitutional and the entire Affordable Care Act should be struck down.

Next, the Pentagon notified Congress that it had authorized the first billion dollars for Trump to build his wall. This first billion will be used to build 57 miles of new wall/fencing along the Yuma and El Paso sections of the border. Construction will begin immediately. But didn’t liberals claim Trump would never build his wall?

Finally, Trump has announced he’ll sign a new Executive Order to recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights — a strip of land central to Israel’s security.

Read the whole thing to fill in the blanks.

He is continuing to remove Obamacare. He is continuing his efforts to build the wall. He is continuing to stand up for Israel. All of these things despite the opposition from both parties.

The article closes by demanding a relentless pursuit of justice regarding the various scandals involving those on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies