Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:24 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,837 times

Advertisements

Military and foreign policy are my two biggies.

In particular, I feel that having nothing short of the best military in the world is vital to long-term prosperity and stability, not only of the US, but of the entire western alliance and its partners. I fully support NATO. I support high defense spending.

I support proactive foreign policy that centers around the idea of taking care of small problems before they spiral out of control. I am completely against isolationism and pacifism. I support fairness and transparency, and respecting the sovereignty of other countries, so long as they do not threaten us or our allies directly, or strategically.

Basically, I support standing up for ourselves, and using all of the force necessary, if necessary, to achieve that.

Sadly, I see isolationism and pacifism rising in the US, particularly among, of all people, Trump supporters, which I find concerning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 10:02 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,123,288 times
Immigration

Old 03-29-2019, 10:05 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,826 times
The complete and total abolition of all taxes and a return to a society based on voluntary exchange.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:07 AM

17,612 posts, read 17,649,156 times
I’d like today’s national politicians to be constitutionalist. It’s the basis of our nation’s government and laws. If there’s anything in the constitution that needs to be changed then there are instructions within the constitution for “amending the constitution”. Yes the process for amending the constitution are difficult but they’re intentionally made to be difficult to help prevent tyranny of the federal government. Enforce our nation’s laws already on the books or repeal or amend those laws. Don’t just choose to ignore the laws you don’t agree with.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:12 AM

18,724 posts, read 7,602,949 times
Violations of the 10th amendment.

It says that the Fed govt can only have the powers explicitly named in the Constitution, and that "the states or the people" get all the others if they want them.

Obey that law, and 3/4 of the Federal budget will vanish. As the functions it is currently funding either get dropped or turned over to the states and lower govts.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:17 AM

18,724 posts, read 7,602,949 times
Another way to judge a candidate's fitness for office, is to ask him if he believes that I have the unconditional right to own and carry a gun, with no restrictions.

If he says anything other than "Yes", he is saying that he believes he can violate the U.S. Constitution at will. And he is not fit for office where he might take part in making laws binding on American citizens.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:18 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
What I feel the strongest about, but no politician is willing to touch it in a meaningful way with a ten-foot pole, is out-of-wedlock births. So very many social ills can be directly tied to the phenomenon, and for multiple generations after it first occurs in a family. Fathers are not expendable.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:22 AM

914 posts, read 642,575 times
Taxes and Spending. I want to see my tax dollars go for legitimate causes: Infrastructure, children's safety/security, elder-care and the disabled (the TRULY DISABLED --not the fraudsters who claim disability then drive around in expensive cars acting like they own the world). My dollars should Never go to support an illegal, or criminal or a lazy azzzzzze who choses not to wake early and go to work like the rest of us.

That felt nice to envision, but it will never happen in my state (CA). But so far, Trump's on the right track for us taxpayers on the federal level. I hope he gets four more to accomplish the abolition of welfare/disability fraud and I hope he succeeds in enforcing our immigration laws. Best president ever.

Last edited by settled00; 03-29-2019 at 10:41 AM..

Old 03-29-2019, 10:32 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
private property and property rights, this is an important freedom

Old 03-29-2019, 10:41 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,946 times
Illegal immigration. It has to be brought under control. My 2020 vote will be based on this issue above all others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies