Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 05:59 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,316,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
In your haste you didn't read what AOC said:

Since the amendment was not ratified until 1951, and FDR died in 1945, she is clearly, incontrovertibly incorrect.

It's hilarious how people are so willing to hurl insults of 'ignorant,' while posting nonsense. I suppose you're going to next give us some spin as to why VP Biden was actually correct that FDR went on TV to calm the American people after the 1929 crash?

Again, you are ignoring what their intent was in it all. At best this is a minor mis-statement. But calling her ignorant of it? She has it far more right then wrong, and it really was all about FDR when started. A amendment written to target FDR that got ratified after his death....is still all about FDR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 06:33 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,000,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Again, you are ignoring what their intent was in it all. At best this is a minor mis-statement. But calling her ignorant of it? She has it far more right then wrong, and it really was all about FDR when started. A amendment written to target FDR that got ratified after his death....is still all about FDR.
She was inaccurate in what she said. Anything else is just typical Washington DC spin & tap-dancing.

Even worse since you couldn't resist throwing out your typical insults.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:45 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,316,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
She was inaccurate in what she said. Anything else is just typical Washington DC spin & tap-dancing.

Even worse since you couldn't resist throwing out your typical insults.

Hey you want to call it "Inaccurate"? Sure. Im on board. But read the thread before you go attacking me for "typical insults". I treat threads with the same respect shown by folks. And I have a deep dislike of those who play with the truth a lot. And I dont care about sides in that. Read whats been posted here. The vast majority seem to believe the 22nd had nothing to do with FDR, and are going on about it. They deserve to be called out. And when theyre rude about it? Im going to call out them with the same terms they use. Read these, and think about the fact that suddenly you want to call me out for "typical insults"? Pathetic:

Quote:
Can you say DUMB A$$? I knew you could

What a waste of a space at BU. How could this idiot graduate *** laude????
Quote:

does that make her less dumb?
Quote:
well in her defense she is dumber on economics in which she has a degree...
Quote:
While I certainly don't believe Trump is a "brain surgeon" when it comes to intelligence, listen to AOC speak about anything related to economics (or just about anything else for that matter) and you may want to rethink your statement. How she obtained a degree from BU should raise some eyebrows about the quality of that institution!
Quote:
Will someone please gift Ms. Cortez with a cuckoo clock ? Fits her style. Send her a few history books while you're at it. D'oh !
Quote:
AOC is a dumb Daffey ginger loving ****. Total embarrassment. If this is what a $150,000 college education looks like I shutter in fear at the youth that is coming up.
Quote:
What a dolt.
Quote:
Another "over educated" college grad!
Quote:
In her defense she was a dance major in college, so....

Old 04-03-2019, 07:05 PM

33,080 posts, read 12,337,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Wait - you mean someone made a mistake!

It's truly amazing.....I'd bet 3/4s of Americans would get less than 50% on a globe naming the major countries.

On one hand, people lament the bad blood in the USA and ask "when did it start?" - and yet they don't seem to realize the wisdom of "cast the log out of thine own eyes"...

I accept that humans make mistakes...LOTS of them. Why, I bet I know things that the Founders of Google don't. I'll bet they know many things I don't.

You're probably right, but 3/4 of Americans haven't asked their neighbors to elect them to a House seat. People should expect more than the likes of Trump as President, and I think people should be able to expect that members of Congress won't make a mistake like this..

Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 PM

33,080 posts, read 12,337,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Hey you want to call it "Inaccurate"? Sure. Im on board. But read the thread before you go attacking me for "typical insults". I treat threads with the same respect shown by folks. And I have a deep dislike of those who play with the truth a lot. And I dont care about sides in that. Read whats been posted here. The vast majority seem to believe the 22nd had nothing to do with FDR, and are going on about it. They deserve to be called out. And when theyre rude about it? Im going to call out them with the same terms they use. Read these, and think about the fact that suddenly you want to call me out for "typical insults"? Pathetic:

Really ? After reading the bolded, I read through the thread again. Which posts besides #10 and #31 reveal that the poster might really think that there is no connection at all between the 22nd and FDR ?

Old 04-04-2019, 06:03 AM

58,761 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yep the low hanging fruit and the fruit tastes bad.

It's almost like Trump is funding her to take the heat off of his flip flopping on increased spending and staying involved in other nations civil wars.

Oh look, someone is trying to high jack the thread!

Old 04-04-2019, 06:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Both AOC and Trump say outrageous things, and seem misinformed/ underinformed. AOC and Trump seem to use the same playbook to seek and sustain media attention.

Trump has been doing so his entire adult life, nearly twice the span of AOC.

Two goof balls. One is POTUS and the other, one of 435 House Members with no unique powers.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:22 PM

The latest from AOC...priceless.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...right_now.html

Quote:
The internet documents everything, and your grandchildren will not be able to hide the fact that you fought against acknowledging and taking bold action on climate change.
As an added bonus, you get to see her eating a package of Raisenettes or whatever it is, as she chats.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:24 PM

2,362 posts, read 773,796 times
The opening post is petty. Try having a camera to you 24/7 and you will misspeak as well. Most of you say dumb things all over City Data and here you have the opportunity to proofread and google for supporting information.

The gist of her comment was accurate.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
The opening post is petty. Try having a camera to you 24/7 and you will misspeak as well. Most of you say dumb things all over City Data and here you have the opportunity to proofread and google for supporting information.

The gist of her comment was accurate.
The gist may have been within proximity of 'accurate,' but the detail was flat inaccurate. Roosevelt died in 1945; the 22nd Amendment was enacted 6 years later in 1951. I can say with confidence that I would not have made such a misstatement, and I am far from being a US congressperson. But I've read at least one US history book.

What about Biden's statement that FDR went on television to reassure the American people during the 1929 crash... Gist was accurate???

We had an entire sticky accusing President Trump of 'lies' over similar misstatements. Sarah Palin was constantly reamed, and I don't think she ever said anything this absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies