Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 01:14 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times

Advertisements

This is horrible. Poor girl murdered by this animal. America is a dangerous country. Lots of animals out there. Too bad she wasnt armed..she could have blown his brains out.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/univer...s-say/26994890

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-car...rolina-student

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-01-2019 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 01:18 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
This is horrible. Poor girl murdered by this animal. America is a dangerous country. Lots of animas out there.

This is something that Uber, Lyft and others are going to have to address sooner or later. At least with regular cabbies, there was some way to identify them. Frankly, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
South Carolina has the death penalty. The animal needs to be put down. An eye for an eye. I cant believe tax payer dollars are going to be providing this animal with 3 hots and a cot for years to come in prison.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:26 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
I can't comprehend that in this day and age of 2019 that people are willing to hop in a car with a stranger at night Uber or no. Too many loons out there.

It's very sad for this girl's loved ones. Heartbreaking. Hopefully death penalty is in store for POS who killed her.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:28 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
This is something that Uber, Lyft and others are going to have to address sooner or later. At least with regular cabbies, there was some way to identify them. Frankly, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner.
I'm pretty sure it's happened plenty of times before, you've just not heard about all of them. Where I live, I hear of a sexual assault occurring by a driver at least once every other month. Women get drunk and then call a ride from a total stranger that has no way of really being tracked down. And I can't count how many times I'm driving in my own car and someone with a cell phone in their hands standing at the corner will look at me with some stupid look on their face like "are you my ride?".

With cabbies years ago, they had a badge and a taxi with company logo, meter, etc. Someone would really have to go out of their way to make their vehicles look like a taxi back then. With these current ride deals, anybody can slap one of those Lyft, Uber, Flywheel, etc. etc. emblems on their rig and just drive down the street about the times the bars close and someone not all there under the influence of drugs, alcohol, etc. etc. may just jump in any car that stops and lets them in. People just don't use their heads anymore for thinking, just to grow hair.

I hope that they catch the person(s) responsible and do away with them.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:28 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Very sad and disturbing story .

Uber and Lyft give the make , model and license plate number of the vehicle .

This is why it’s always important to check the license plate before jumping in a car .

But I’m sure when people have been drinking they might just see an Uber decal on a car and just assume it’s their car .

Old 04-01-2019, 01:36 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
This is horrible. Poor girl murdered by this animal. America is a dangerous country. Lots of animals out there. Too bad she want armed..she could have blown his brains out.

Agreed-

In these situations, I think that the family should be allowed 2-3 hours with the assailant with a variety of hand and power tools while he is tied to a chair. The state can execute him if he survives.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:40 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
I'll grant that this link is from a limo company but even so...............

https://www.atchisontransport.com/bl...uber-and-lyft/

Old 04-01-2019, 01:42 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Very sad and disturbing story .

Uber and Lyft give the make , model and license plate number of the vehicle .

This is why it’s always important to check the license plate before jumping in a car .

But I’m sure when people have been drinking they might just see an Uber decal on a car and just assume it’s their car .
They also have the drivers picture, at least Uber does.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:44 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They also have the drivers picture, at least Uber does.
yep and name. Same for Lyft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies