Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 07:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What matters is if the party supports the candidate. The left loves the bigots. The bigoted Affirmative Action is the work of your party. And their media is a perfect example. From Rev Al to Joy Reid.

Own it.

OK, I get it.

You're a white guy feeling repressed and sorry for yourself and it's all the Dems' fault.

Sad...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 03:29 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
OK, I get it.

You're a white guy feeling repressed and sorry for yourself and it's all the Dems' fault.

Sad...

With your psychic powers why are you wasting time posting cartoons on CD? You realize what Wall Street would pay you for your psychic power services?

Old 04-04-2019, 08:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You also forgot it was mainly unpopular people who voted for Nixon in 68.

never the less nixon won both ends of the vote in 68 and in 72. whats your point?

Old 04-04-2019, 09:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
With your psychic powers why are you wasting time posting cartoons on CD?
Why are you trying to make ME the topic?

A common failure among Trumplings.

Quote:
You realize what Wall Street would pay you for your psychic power services?
I realize that my posts upset you.

Please calm down.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:16 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That is exactly WHY we want it changed. It is hundreds of years old and does not work in modern America.

Time to move on.

Its only an issue because Trump won. If Hillary had won the EC and lost the popular vote not nary a democrat would have made a peep about ending the EC. It would have been your savoir.

The real problem was nominating someone under FBI investigation. Comey commenting on the investigation shortly before the election probably made the difference for Trump.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:12 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
“Was it a good thing?”

I don’t think so. I don’t like the electoral college method. I don’t like the 2 Senators per state either. We should have one house of Congress based on population. President should be popularly elected. If they don’t get 51% of the vote due to more than 2 candidates running, there should be a second “run-off” election between the top two vote-getters.

I understand and appreciate the history behind the present system, but I don’t think that if the Constitution were written today, it would have such an convoluted system.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:03 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
“Was it a good thing?”

I don’t think so. I don’t like the electoral college method. I don’t like the 2 Senators per state either. We should have one house of Congress based on population. President should be popularly elected. If they don’t get 51% of the vote due to more than 2 candidates running, there should be a second “run-off” election between the top two vote-getters.

I understand and appreciate the history behind the present system, but I don’t think that if the Constitution were written today, it would have such an convoluted system.
Could be you're right ...

The Electoral College Has Been Divisive Since Day One

"Even if the Electoral College remains for another 250 years, it will still have to contend with another vestige of its creation—the issue of “faithless electors” who decide to vote against their party’s chosen candidate. Over the years, there have been 157 faithless electors, and while some states require that electors stay true to their state's electoral choice, often requiring a formal pledge, 21 don’t require that kind of loyalty at all."

Old 04-05-2019, 04:13 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,716,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Were there calls for eliminating the electoral College?
No. There was a civil war.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:21 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That is exactly WHY we want it changed. It is hundreds of years old and does not work in modern America.

Time to move on.
What other parts of the Constitution that you find inconvenient would you like shredded? The Second Amendment? The First Amendment protecting so-called "hate speech?" Which others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies