Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 08:34 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
The Irony....considering how.....orange he is.

That's the best you got?
My Father was born in Kentucky my Grandfather was born in Indiana. I don't get that mixed up.
Sign of declining mental functions to get things like that confused....and to not be able to say "original"...
and having trouble finding words like he has been....and saying windmills cause cancer.
He has had problems with his pronunciation, notably having trouble with 'United States'.

When Trump was younger he was pretty articulate. He may have had micro-strokes, which are pretty common in older people. I believe I had at least one myself last year. It really isn't known how many until an autopsy is done, so the victim never knows.

The confusing of one's grandfather with one's father is (to me) very unusual, I can not imagine how that would be possible. I think he probably meant to say grandfather and knew he was talking about his father's father, but just didn't have the word accessible to him at that moment.

If Trump has a problem, he strikes me as the sort who would not admit it. He is especially proud and boastful, and most likely would see this as a weakness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 08:40 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh wow! I just looked up the video of the origins/oranges confusion. That is concerning. Elderly relatives of mine who suffer from dementia demonstrate a similar type of dysphasia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUPsNgmXR7M

Old 04-03-2019, 08:42 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Even more amazing is people thinking any of this matters except to make fun of those who do.
So, to you it doesn't matter that the president of the US may have early dementia? How sad you think that.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:45 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Has trump ever made it through the day without lying?
For someone to lie, they have a to possess a working concept of true vs. untrue. Not seeing evidence of Trump understanding the idea of "truth" as anything beyond "whatever I can say that sounds good for the next 30 seconds".

Why he felt the need to impress his German heritage on Stoltenberg - who's Norwegian - is anyone's guess.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:49 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They have swamps in Scandanavia?
Peat bogs. It's not uncommon to find very old bodies who've been preserved by the tannins and lack of oxygen. Their skin and hair, while perfectly preserved, will take on an unusual copper-like or orange-y hue and - hey, wait a minute...

Old 04-03-2019, 08:50 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
For the last few years, I thought Trump lied mostly because he is a dishonest person.

But after this BLATANT lie that was IMMEDIATELY proven false, I am more leaning towards Trump suffering from dementia or some other age-related mental issue.

Trump has always been a liar, but now he's a liar with a deteriorating brain. He's losing it.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Even more amazing is people thinking any of this matters except to make fun of those who do.
Are you saying he can dish it out but he can't take it? Trump is number one in the practice ridiculing others (do you really need some examples?).

The plain and simple fact is the health and competence of the chief executive is a national concern. These discussions are an important part of citizenship, so they will occur anyway.

... and yes some will mock him, but who can argue that he does not deserve it? Trump is the most churlish and insulting person I have ever known of, he set the standard he will be judged by.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:05 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
It's one of the questions of the ages as to whether lies and cons CAUSE dementia or whether mental illness causes the lies and cons in the first place.

We have a situation with a family member who I would say is very similar to Mr. Trump in that he has almost zero redeeming factors no matter how close you look. Same deal, basically....except he didn't get the 400 free million.

1. 3 wives - check
2. Never a thought for anyone but himself - check.
3. Nasty to most everyone - check.
4. His own worst enemy - check.
5. Takes good situations and makes them bad, takes bad situations and makes them worse - check.

Since this person has been acting out lately we are scratching our heads wondering how it got so bad. In one sense we can recognize the out of control behavior from long ago. But it as enabled, protected and financed by his (very poor) parents.

If we look at this dude and/or Trump we can say "Sociopath or similar", but whether Sociopaths are created...or born...is a question we cannot answer. We know many youths show signs of it......

Given my life experience I'd say the tendencies are born....BUT, that the care and feeding is what produces the end results. That is, assuming we all have some degree of "better angels" or "limited free will", if one spends their entire life always deciding on the worst (of their own negative traits), then it seems to become hopeless to "be saved".

OTOH, someone who realizes that the little voice in their head is always selfish...and fights against it to be part of civil society, family and less selfish, they may turn out a little better.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Trump says his father was born in Germany!

hmmm...

Lotsa talk about tRump losing a grip on reality with his flat out crazy lies.

But consider another possibility...

Maybe Fred WASN'T his bio father.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's one of the questions of the ages as to whether lies and cons CAUSE dementia or whether mental illness causes the lies and cons in the first place.

We have a situation with a family member who I would say is very similar to Mr. Trump in that he has almost zero redeeming factors no matter how close you look. Same deal, basically....except he didn't get the 400 free million.

1. 3 wives - check
2. Never a thought for anyone but himself - check.
3. Nasty to most everyone - check.
4. His own worst enemy - check.
5. Takes good situations and makes them bad, takes bad situations and makes them worse - check.

Since this person has been acting out lately we are scratching our heads wondering how it got so bad. In one sense we can recognize the out of control behavior from long ago. But it as enabled, protected and financed by his (very poor) parents.

If we look at this dude and/or Trump we can say "Sociopath or similar", but whether Sociopaths are created...or born...is a question we cannot answer. We know many youths show signs of it......

Given my life experience I'd say the tendencies are born....BUT, that the care and feeding is what produces the end results. That is, assuming we all have some degree of "better angels" or "limited free will", if one spends their entire life always deciding on the worst (of their own negative traits), then it seems to become hopeless to "be saved".

OTOH, someone who realizes that the little voice in their head is always selfish...and fights against it to be part of civil society, family and less selfish, they may turn out a little better.
It's not about your the psychosis that runs in your family or what you made up concerning Trump. It's about policy.

Selfish? Like stealing my money for your causes? Own it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies