Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 09:21 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

probably referring to his real father; Heir Helmethair Hobnail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 09:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Actually, it should be the opposite. You all know he fibs constantly, yet you are all outraged over every single instance.

It must be tiring and mind-numbing.
It may be tiring and mind-numbing for his supporters to hear every lie enumerated. There are so many lies (sigh).

What shocked me in this particular meeting was his assertion that the noise from windmills causes cancer. And if a windmill is built near your property, your property plummets in value by 75%. Hmmm........

Old 04-03-2019, 09:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
He lies because he can. There are no repercussions. Any news service that calls him on it is labeled "Fake News". Anyone who points it out are accused of having TDS. His loyal followers either don't care, or believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:38 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
probably referring to his real father; Heir Helmethair Hobnail
Thanks for the laugh!!!

Old 04-03-2019, 10:21 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
He used to claim his family was from Sweden.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh wow! I just looked up the video of the origins/oranges confusion. That is concerning. Elderly relatives of mine who suffer from dementia demonstrate a similar type of dysphasia.
Agreed.

There are definitely some mental deficiencies there.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:27 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh wow! I just looked up the video of the origins/oranges confusion. That is concerning. Elderly relatives of mine who suffer from dementia demonstrate a similar type of dysphasia.
I agree. I'm a nurse and I work w/ dementia patients!

Old 04-03-2019, 10:28 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Trump has serious issues with reality. That's been obvious for a while. As a private nurse for end stage dementia patients I can see similarities. The primary difference is dementia is generally loss of memory, not made up new ones.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:28 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not about your the psychosis that runs in your family or what you made up concerning Trump. It's about policy.

Selfish? Like stealing my money for your causes? Own it.
Nice try - but you didn't ask whether said family member was "blood" (he isn't). Interestingly enough, he has german ancestry but somehow only took the bad parts (his GF was a mean guy, but at least somewhat accomplished).

No, it's not about policy - if it was you would be able to count the major legislation that Trump has passed. About zero.

Being more specific, for you it seems to be about "what he lies about concerning policy" or "bigly words and threats" about policy,

There is a difference between reality and Reality TV.

This is where the disconnect is between authoritarians and logic/reason/proof. Authoritarians believe what their "current authority figures" say. Reasonable people use measurements.

This is why Trump is rated dead last among all POTUS in history. That judgement is not something which moves very much up and down....it just is, because it measures actual reality as concerns our Constitution and progression as a free people.

It's one thing that ALL "sides" agree upon:
"even among Republicans, Trump was ranked quite unfavorably. Respondents who identified as Republicans or conservatives ranked Trump 40th out of 44 presidents. Self-described Democrats and liberals both ranked him last."

https://www.businessinsider.com/grea...entists-2018-2

Even partisans like yourself can step back and wonder "how is it that I rate him as one of the best...and yet everyone else rates him as the worst?".

There has to be a disconnect there. We're not talking about whether someone is #2 or #5 or in the middle of the pack. We are talking about a complete cognitive disconnect and opposite world.

Putin would rate him highly tho. So would Duerte, so there is that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...survey_results

As I'm sure other realize, to be dead last in anything takes some doing. A monkey will score 33 1/3% in a 3 question multiple choice. While GW was the first POTUS in recent history I could definitively say I know MUCH than (in most every subject), Trump makes GWB look like a capable genius.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:29 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Another lie. No surprise. His idiot followers will still believe it. They can't distinguish between the real truth and fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies