Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 02:16 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmajon View Post
This whole Biden bruhaha just makes me wonder who is the real power behind the throne of the DNC? It seems to be that Joe Biden would be the perfect 2020 democratic candidate. Not only is he associated with the "good old days" of Obama, but he's pretty middle of the road and you'd think he'd appeal to a wide variety of voters.

But NO, instead, the DNC is obviously manufacturing this media outrage crapstorm in order to kill his presidential bid early on so that the democrats can put up someone like Kamala Harris or another far-lefty who is firmly in bed with movement politics and other "woke" causes that actually only appeal to a tiny slice of the electorate (mostly younger urban voters).

So, what or who is in charge here?
Good post. I've wondered the same thing. They obviously don't love Bernie either because they had to basically pay him off to get him to go away last time. So who's corner are they in Beto? Harris? Warren? I think some basic polling would tell you those aren't good choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 02:40 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I have to say. its fun watching the left struggle to figure out what the heck they mean when they think of politics in moral terms. Its unnatural for them. I am enjoying the pain this seems to be causing.

personally im not getting into it. I don't care if ya'll burn joe to the ground or nominate him for president. that's yalls issue. I gave up pointing out horrible rapey nasty behavior on the left a long time ago because yall didn't care.

Trump gets elected and you all find some version of a moral core. well struggle. its fun watching you all hurt. LOL.

#meeto
In other words, you're completely incapable of looking at this issue in an objective way.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:03 PM

989 posts, read 456,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
Good post. I've wondered the same thing. They obviously don't love Bernie either because they had to basically pay him off to get him to go away last time. So who's corner are they in Beto? Harris? Warren? I think some basic polling would tell you those aren't good choices.
To be fair, Bernie was not and never has been a Democrat. While I believe they should have gone with Bernie, I also see why they might want to pick "one of their own" over and Independent.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:04 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,726,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
It's been shown time and time again that conservatives and people over 65 believe and share fake news more, so I can't agree with you on this. As far as Biden goes, he's just a touchy person. He's touchy with men too. There's nothing sexual about it.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Dems just need to #WalkAway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk&t=30s

Old 04-03-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
To be fair, Bernie was not and never has been a Democrat. While I believe they should have gone with Bernie, I also see why they might want to pick "one of their own" over and Independent.
Well you are right about that. He is съезд КПСС all the way.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
It's been shown time and time again that conservatives and people over 65 believe and share fake news more, so I can't agree with you on this. As far as Biden goes, he's just a touchy person. He's touchy with men too. There's nothing sexual about it.
No it hasn't that is pure nonsense. When fake news gets to define what fake news is we all know what result you are going to get

Old 04-03-2019, 03:45 PM

52,260 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I think for many people it just boils down to being sorta mentally lazy. I mean in the sense that it takes effort to find multiple sources of information and to sorta "vet" the sources and to at least stand back and try to see if there are any biases, if any.

Then we have our own internal confirmation biases that sorta kick in.

I pride myself on standing back and trying to be intellectually honest and really sorta not knee jerk react into playing the scripts out and dusting out all of the talking points on a given subject.

You look at people in the media and they look and act like they've all been fed the same mindless information even to the point of using the same terminology and buzzwords.

I don't know, so much noise and so little cognitive reasoning is being done sometimes it would seem, especially on these panel based shows where everyone is screaming at each other and you're limited to the 3 to 5 minute "segments"

Long form podcasts with varying people and varying views sometimes is a good way to get a better understanding or at least some exposure to ideas and concepts and of course just having a intellectual curiosity in general is probably key here.

Don't be a sheep is probably a good summation here.

Last edited by Chowhound; 04-03-2019 at 03:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies