Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 05:58 PM

20,090 posts, read 8,995,406 times

Advertisements

did Obama close Gitmo today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 06:09 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That was a very convenient excuse for Trump to say "I'm fighting hard to get this wall, but the Democrats won't let me". Although the bill was sponsored by 8 republicans, 7 democrats and 1 independent.

Not blind or deaf, but the only one I've heard claim the wall is being built is Trump himself. If he says it, that means it's not true.
Not an excuse. The Democrats wouldn't give him what he wanted which was a big part of controlling immigration into our country. It doesn't matter what sell out politicians sponsored the bill it wasn't what Trump wanted. He had every right to refuse it.

There have been links provided in here and right from the DHS that state that new walls are being built and the flimsy ones replaced/fixed. Search for them.

Let's face it you and yours don't want our border secured anyway and you just hate Trump.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
If Mexico gets a year warning, Trump is going to give China at least a decade. Wait for it!

Old 04-04-2019, 06:59 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not an excuse. The Democrats wouldn't give him what he wanted
Sounds like you don't believe in our system of government.

You should really change your username in that case. I would link you to how our government works, but that may confuse you.

Suffice it to say "it's not what he wants" that governs our country or actions. Period.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:08 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post

It'll be interesting to come back in a year to see if he actually goes through with the threat in the middle of a re-election campaign should things not be up to his standards.
I can see him using that as a platform like Mexico paying for the wall , or lock her up, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post

I don't think he'll run again. One and done. Former supporters are peeling off.

I am abstaining from further voting for anyone, from either party.
And of course he’ll leave out blaming the left saying that there are there are the reason he wasn’t able to make America great again.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:14 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,083,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
do you remember who is president last two years?sad!

Old 04-04-2019, 07:46 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,176,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I can see him using that as a platform like Mexico paying for the wall , or lock her up, etc.

And of course he’ll leave out blaming the left saying that there are there are the reason he wasn’t able to make America great again.
It's not that he isn't closing the border that bothers me so much as it is the making of hollow threats.

The people I really feel for right about now are the people who lost children and family members to illegals. They rallied around Trump, at last there was someone to listen to their story and maybe right some of the wrongs they suffered. But they were just trash, right? I can't imagine what they must be feeling, having been used and spat out.

I can't imagine what that poor lady, who lost her son to a car accident when he was on his way to a Trump Rally, feels like right about now.

How about the supporters in San Jose who were punched, rocked and egged?

Well, you may well say they all deserved it for supporting Trump. And you know, at this point it would not at all surprise me if he agreed with you.

Old 04-05-2019, 05:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wait a sec, so Trump makes a threat and people lose their minds over how much damage it would do to the economies.

So then Trump punts with the 1 year mark, who knows if he always intended to or just listened to reason.

But then that's bad too?

If anything, it should give people some realization that despite the bluster he's at least made the right decision in this instance.
Again your understanding is a little skewed.

It is a RELIEF Trump listened to his advisors about the complexity of closing the border and how long it would take to put the procedures in place and how that would impact the USA economy. And the fact we are shaking our head and noting that this President -- once again is walking back an outrageous claim he has made, just HIGHLIGHTS his incompetence.

You seem to be upset that we see this erratic, chaotic approach to policy making as incompetent.

Seriously -- is this the style of leadership you have been looking for.

When folks expressed concern for Trump's closing the border comment, it is a face palm to the head wondering how can you be so naive to think you can just shut a border without massive consequences -- not all good -- to your own country. What kind of strategy is that?

This is just further confirmation of his inability to think rationally, intellectually, etc.

He has a simple mind. Close the border and we keep out all the people. He didn't even think of the whole economic and trade impact. He wouldn't have said it if he understood the complexity of what he was

Old 04-05-2019, 06:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous. And it shows the level of despair for Trump fans -- Obama has been gone for two years.

There is nothing in the whole 'close the border' that is relevant to bringing up Obama -- except for not being able to defend Trump's erratic chaotic approach to policy so let's brin gup Obama, Clinton...anything.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:48 AM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
THE WALL is like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction. It is the subject of hours of conversation, yet we will never see it and in the end it really was nothing more than an amusing way to keep the plot moving. I still can't believe how many MAGAts thought it was going to actually get built.
It's being built as we speak. Links have been provided numerous times. Where have you been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies